Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Let me start off by saying that I am a complete newbie to home theatres and all the fun stuff that goes along with that, I do however work in the IT field so am technically minded (or at least I like to think I am;) ) so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I am currently renovating my basement and will be installing a home theatre solution and I have been looking at the HT-RC360 for my receiver (because of the networking capability). I currently store all my movies and TV-Shows on a media server (Windows 7 Ultimate) which is going to be in a separate room from the receiver.

My question is, once I have the HT-RC360 networked can I stream video content from my media server via the receiver to whatever TV I have connected (via HDMI), or does the networking capability only provide audio functionality?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Christoff....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would reply to my own post in case anyone else is interested. I received a response from Onkyo Support telling me:

"Unfortunately the ethernet function on this unit only supports audio at this time"

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts