Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IFC in the U.S. will be carrying Onion News Network starting Jan. 21. Will anyone in Canada be picking it up?
Comedy Network is picking up Onion Sportsdome. (Comedy Central in the U.S.)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You have to admit this is a true success story. What started out as an Internet news parody site has become over the years a huge organisation now with its own television shows and a real working studio!

The show itself is fast paced, maybe a bit too fast. I actually missed quite a few bits and pieces because they were introduced before I had a chance to absorb the last item that was mentioned. There's also the realization that despite it being a parody, you can see how deeply they mimic the many "real" news networks out there. It's sometimes like looking into a funhouse mirror.

Anyway, great first show overall. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it

I found Onion News Network on Superchannel. It's probably been there a long while as it's in repeats now.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I wanna go and pick myself up one of those new 'Stupid Piece of s***' box things :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
I couldn't find the episode to post, but it was the one where mum used Facebook to stalk her son and find out about his girl friend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts