Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Bell's Fibe-TV for 4 months now with no problems other this this annoyance. Every channel appears properly formatted except one: RT-America (channel #517) appears to be showing 16x9 content in a 4x3 frame (so it appears squished). I checked with my neighbor who subscribes to Rogers's and saw that their picture was formatted properly. Next I called Bell support and had a very surreal conversation with a rep who was sitting somewhere in Toronto. It was surreal because that person did not have Fibe-TV in his office so we could not compare. But he did have Bell Satellite and could verify that the picture appeared squished on that service as well. How about you people? How does 517 look on your Fibe-TV service?

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Hello, I do not have bell fibe, but I do have their satellite tv. I would like to start off by saying the channel looks the same on satellite, they are broadcasting in SD 4:3 ratio but they anamorphically squeeze a SD 16:9 image and they dont send the AFD descriptor so we only see it as 4:3 unless we change our zoom/stretch settings.

The Italian channel called RAI Italia does the exact same thing and so does media set Italia Canada. But once in a while the Italian channels show a 4:3 show (no anamorphic squeeze) and vice a versa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.