Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed channel 705, 709, and 742 showing "One moment please, this channel should be available shortly" message ever since I had the Pace HD box for upstairs activated a week ago, my Pace PVR only shows this message for 705.

Called Cogeco and was told 705 is a known problem in Oakville area they are working on, they also tried to reset my upstairs Pace box a few times without success, right now I have service appointment set for next week.

Are other folks in Oakville observing similar issues either with just 705 alone or other channels as well?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
Usually this is an issue with the STB not getting the appropriate signal, or some problem with the signal. A call to your home is likely in order, which you already have in place.

Just as an FYI, this is likely not an SDV (switched digital video) issue.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just a blind guess, but make sure you don't have your cable being fed through one of those power bar safety circuits. I did that when I put a new TV and box in our bedroom. I bought one of those mid-priced surge protectors with the cable and phone circuit connections. I had intermittent problems with various channels until the tech came and told me to stop running the cable though the bar. Problem stopped immediately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain. I've been having nothing but problems with Cogeco in Oakville.
And no, those channels aren't working for me either....

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts