Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. After reading threads on this forum, I am still not clear on how to resolve my situation.

Our building has one Bell dish shared between 4-5 condos. Each condo is wired with 1 coax cable, no possibility of adding.

Here is our current setup:

What is the best method to allow 2-3 other HD receivers?

Main issue is the dual-tuner receiver. I understand we can use DishPro Plus (DPP) LNBs and separators, but how do I get Bell's installer to use this? And how does it affect the remaining hardware?

Any advice appreciated, especially on how to deal with Bell's 3rd-party installers (as talking to Bell is not easy for technical stuff). :confused:

Thank you.
François

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Option #1, using a second Dish;

Well, you will not be able to get a Bell Installer to do what you want unless you can put up a second Dish, with a DPP Twin LNBF on it, to feed BOTH HD Receivers, with a seperator being used for the Dual Tuner.

Option #2, using a DPP44;

If you can't get another Dish installed you will need to use a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP44 Multiswitch. Bell cannot do this, because they do not stock or supply the DPP44 switch's.

Option #3, 2 x SW44's;

See this thread;

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=79134

You will need a second line for the Dual Tuner though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Pinza.

We really cannot add a second dish. If I get the DPP44 switch by myself (seems to be around 120$ in Canada), and Bell accepts to change the LNBFs to DPP, we will get rid of our current switches and now allow up to 4 receivers of any type?

The installer told me that Bell should support the DPP44 in 2-3 months, so we might be looking at connecting only one tuner of the 9241 until then.

F.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Bell TV supports DPP44's right now, they just do NOT supply them.

The chances of Bell supplying you a DPP Twin LNBF, is almost nil.

I think you will have to buy both item, well all three including the Seperator.

The dual Tuner Receiver will just need a DPP Seperator on the end of the single line that will feed BOTH Tuners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Following up, DPP44 issue with condo cabling

Hello again. Bell has added an SW44 to our installation (as shown below) so we can now connect multiple HD and SD receivers in our condo building.

However, I still need to add a DPP44 for our dual-tuner receivers, since we cannot add a second cable between the switch (basement) and receivers (condos).

I am purchasing the DPP44 and separators on eBay, but I am unsure of the impacts.

• Will the illustrated setup work if we replace the SW44 with the DPP44, i.o.w. keeping the other switch for non-HD receivers?
  • Since Bell will not provide a DPP-twin LNBF, would a DP-twin or two DP-duals be easier to get from them? (I cannot tell what is our current LNBF)
Much thanks for your help.
François

1 - 5 of 5 Posts