Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Call Display Unreliable

I just got off the phone with the MTS Test Centre. The technician confirmed that in some cases the call display doesn't pop up on the TV even though it appears on the phone. He said that he had the same problem at his home and he is on a different switch than I am. He also said they had gotten problem reports from various parts of the city.

I don't know if some lines are reliable and some aren't or if it is completely random. My own testing with my cell phone and watching various calls, about 25% of my calls don't display on the TV. Interestingly, one of the calls that didn't display on the TV but showed up on the phone was a callback from MTS Repair.

Calls that don't display on the TV also don't appear in the Message Log.

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Yes, it shows up when watching a recorded program - sometimes. ;)

It also works when you are on the phone. I don't know if you have to subscribe to call waiting and call waiting plus for it to work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We do not subscribe to call waiting. I have seen the TV display a phone number on the screen when the line is in use. Like other people have said I have noticed that call display does not work 100% of the time. I have noticed a few times where the number did not show up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Huh? My mother has the most Basic MTS TV and she has had on-screen call display for months now. In fact, I'll bet it's almost a year. I have Shaw TV and have wanted this ever since she got it on MTS.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Greg

Likely your Mom has Classic TV from MTS. MTS has offered call display on Classic for years, they have just launched it for Ultiamte TV which is the new and improved TV service.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ultimate tv Caller id not working

I wonder whats going on with mts ultimate tv for the past two days my tv isnt showing up when people call me. This is the second time happening it happened just before canada day and they fixed it. I wonder when it will be fixed.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Its a known issue, so hopefully they get it sorted out soon. I've noticed lately during my installs that it doesn't come up on every call when I test it out (if they subscribe to CID.)

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I had this problem when the service was first rolled out. I reported it and it eventually started working properly, maybe a month or 2 later. It's been working 100% since then - every call shows up on my TV.

@Macman, is this a new problem, or is this the same problem that only occurs on certain lines?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts