2301 - 2320 of 2353 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like the new date is August 5:

·
Registered
8 Posts
TVA Gatineau-Ottawa (CHOT-DT) announced today that channel 40 is out of service, and a new transmitter for channel 32 will be activated on Saturday, August 8.
(en français)

TVA notes that the channel 40 transmitter was damaged by the storm. Technicians tried to restore it, but could not.

While the outage is unfortunate, here's hoping that the new transmitter for 32 (packed next to active channels 33 to 35, albeit 34 is weak) will improve reception in Gatineau and Ottawa. La télé francophone, c'est important!

As for other channels:
  • CHCH-DT: For me, only the Ontario daily meetings (Ford and friends in full screen) and sometimes CHCH News are useful, as Wheel and Jeopardy! moved to Yes TV. Hopefully CHCH adds an EPG.
  • CJOH-DT: Yay, UHF 16! Keeping 13.1 as PSIP makes sense. EPG is recently off, hopefully not for long.
  • CHRO-DT: Hopefully goes smoothly, just not convinced PSIP 43.1 is needed. Also, hopefully EPG returns.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As for other channels:
  • CHCH-DT: For me, only the Ontario daily meetings (Ford and friends in full screen) and sometimes CHCH News are useful, as Wheel and Jeopardy! moved to Yes TV. Hopefully CHCH adds an EPG.
  • CJOH-DT: Yay, UHF 16! Keeping 13.1 as PSIP makes sense. EPG is recently off, hopefully not for long.
  • CHRO-DT: Hopefully goes smoothly, just not convinced PSIP 43.1 is needed. Also, hopefully EPG returns.
EPG is showing up now for CHRO 43-1 and CJOH 13-1.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes. Did a channel scan and nothing. Hopefully just a blip.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I just checked now and 15-1 Yes TV is working fine. However it must have been off earlier because my TiVo was scheduled to record judge Judy around 6 pm and it’s not recorded. Typical. The only show I watch on that channel and it goes off the air when that show is airing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's something strange with CJOH-DT:
  • CJOH-DT is at 720p instead of 1080i, no EPG, and time is incorrect, as it should be 23h06.
  • CHRO-DT is acting normally: 1080i, EPG, and correct time of 23h05.
Here are some photos of CTV and CTV 2, respectively:

Has anyone else noticed this? Of course, my camera is showing artifacts, but the CJOH-DT feed (without camera) looks low quality, even for 720p. I know some viewers prefer 720p, but I find most programs look best in 1080i.

As for other channels, yes, I did notice CITS-DT (Yes TV) momentarily leave. It's back now. The 11 channels I typically get are all there. No French channels this year, except for Radio-Canada.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I noticed yesterday that something went awry with channel 13-1 - CJOH. My TiVo did not record the 6 pm news and when I looked at the channels there were two 13-1 channels there. One worked and one did not. I deleted the channel that was not working. It’s been ok today but I didn’t realize it was 720p.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else still having problems with CJOH?

I cannot tune into it using Plex. The time in the signal is January 2007. And it is 720p, not 1080i.
Here is a screenshot (from everybody's favorite software) showing this:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yes channel 13-1 Ottawa went off the air on my TiVo again and I had to select the alternate channel 13-1 signal to get it working again so they seem to be toggling back and forth on their signals this week. Not sure why.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's something strange with CJOH-DT:
  • CJOH-DT is at 720p instead of 1080i, no EPG, and time is incorrect, as it should be 23h06.
Anyone else still having problems with CJOH?

I cannot tune into it using Plex. The time in the signal is January 2007. And it is 720p, not 1080i.
Here is a screenshot (from everybody's favorite software) showing this:

View attachment 11556
When I spoke with one of the CJOH broadcast engineers years ago, they told me that the signal drops to 720p when the primary feed for 1080i OTA is having problems, is offline or something otherwise. The 720p signal is their satellite broadcast signal.

I'm confirming it too, 720p not 1080i. It's been on an off with the 1080i signal, they must be having issues at the station on the mountain or in their studios downtown Ottawa.

All we can do is wait in a situation like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone getting YES TV @15.1? I'm not receiving it since this afternoon. Other channels are ok.
That's strange! I get Yes TV on two TVs with a cheap antenna, amplifier and a splitter. The TVs are essentially daisy-chained, and on my furthest TV, Yes TV has 50% signal strength. CityTV is at 30%, and nine other channels go from 40% to 70%.

What setup do you have? It's possible that something indoors or outdoors, like appliances or construction, is interfering with your setup.

2301 - 2320 of 2353 Posts