Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2306 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mounted the antenna outside; I was getting all available local channels; but CHCH 11.1 seems to have been shut down right now? Also now get 16.1-16.4 early in the morning, seems to disappear around 08:00. Really happy if CHCH comes back.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I’m not receiving CHCH right now either. It has been down for at least 2 days now. I have no idea of what’s going on with it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I checked just now and I’m getting 9-1, 30-1, 34-1, 40-1, 14-1, 15-1, 43-1, 60-1 and 65-1. The only one in not getting is 11-1.

I’m in Kanata South with an attic antenna. Maybe the signal is lower than usual but I’m getting them all very clear except 11-1 which in not getting at all.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It’s strange that they don’t have an announcement on their website about the channel being down. They just take it down with no announcement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reading over the post. I am currently using a Belson leaf antenna living off Baseline near the Experimental farm. I can usually get 14 channels 4-1,6-1,9-1 11-1 13-1 14-1 15-1 24-1,40-1 43-1, 60-1 and 65-1. I had been using a Phillips directional for about 10 years but it finally stopped working in January, I was able to receive 16 channels with the Phillips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now getting WCFE that it's moved to 36, I was concerned because it was marginal for me before on 38. I was only able to get it about 80% of time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's July 3rd. Just checked, old channel numbers still active, new numbers have no signal. Anyone know what's going on?
I do not. I rescanned just now (July 4) and several times this summer, and it's mainly the same old story. Of the four channels listed to move (three in Ottawa, plus CHOT-DT in Gatineau), only Christian channel Yes TV (CITS-DT-1) began testing on May 22 (instead of May 2, likely due to current events) and thus completed transition on July 3. Neither Bell Media nor RNC (the latter owns TVA affiliate CHOT-DT) updated viewers regarding their repacks. It's disappointing.

There are several CTV and CTV2 programs that my family enjoys. Question Period, news throughout the day, charity Millionaire, the sparse Mary's Kitchen Crush reruns and more. CJOH-DT at VHF 13 was spotty, and sadly, we missed the CHEO Telethon. We now get VHF 13, but the setup is finnicky, unlike UHF. Bell Canada made $23.96B in revenue in 2019. There is no excuse.

As for French channels, I only get CBOFT-DT reliably. CIVO-DT (Télé-Québec) and CHOT-DT work rarely and sporadically, while CFGS-DT (V affiliate by RNC) never worked in digital. I hope the repack helps, directly or indirectly.

While I do not agree with every program on Yes TV, the channel has done the best job for this year's repack in Ottawa, and I respect that very much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We are now two days after the recsan day for the 3 channels and none of them have changed. I wonder when they are actually going to change frequencies? I don’t remember seeing any on air notices or any information posted by the stations notifying the change.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been running an automated channel scan every few minutes to keep an eye on the repack. CHCH went off the air around 12:35 pm today. CIVO and CFGS disappeared around 4:55 pm. CFGS came back about 10 minutes later, but CIVO is still off the air. Perhaps some work related to CHOT's channel change, since they share an antenna?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I got a reply from ISED's regional Spectrum Management Operations Branch in the Sault:

The following stations in the Ottawa area are delayed or temporarily authorized to continue status quo:
CJOH-DT Ottawa
CHRO-DT Ottawa
CHOT-DT Gatineau (Temp Auth )

I'm not sure what the "Temp Auth" means. There is no TO (temporary operating authority) status for CHOT-DT in the broadcasting database.

2281 - 2300 of 2306 Posts