Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2241 - 2260 of 2291 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
anyone else in the ottawa-gatineau area noticed that chch is apparently not broadcasting since, what, yesterday?
i don't remember them changing frequencies, is there anything special happening with them?

cheers.

·
Registered
829 Posts
anyone else in the ottawa-gatineau area noticed that chch is apparently not broadcasting since, what, yesterday?
i don't remember them changing frequencies, is there anything special happening with them?

cheers.
Rescan your channels. CHCH may have changed something that your tv doesn't like. My old Panasonic doesn't auto update and I have to rescan when I lose a channel. My new Panasonic will automatically correct as required.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just turned on the toshiba and chch is visible again. visited their webpage to see if there was any status information for ottawa... nothing of the sort.

hopefully this won't happen again soon.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
One of the issues I’ve had with CHCH for the last month has been constant video cutting in and out. It’s so annoying that I cannot watch this channel. Every now and then I check to see if it’s fixed but it’s still not working properly. Has anyone else been having this issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes, same thing happens to me when I watch. It has been happening for at least two months now.. Most annoying

Goes to black screen, yet the audio is not affected... strange

·
Registered
120 Posts
CTS 42.1 unavailable

I noticed I'm not getting CTS 42.1. Not sure how long it's been missing as I don't watch it regularly but I noticed it maybe five days ago. Is anyone receiving this station?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
YesTV 42-1 is coming up fine and clear in Ottawa. I’ve been watching a couple of shows each day lately and it’s been working. Maybe try a re-scan of your channels.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The issue was gone the following day but comes back at night sometimes
i think they are installing the new transmitters set to start broadcasting on May 2 for the transition phases 10
which is dates may 2 to july 2

at cf there are 2 channels changing
this would likely affect other transmitters
while the work is in progress

I also assume the reason it worked for others when i had issues
yet a week or two before that it worked for me while others had issues
would be that we are in different directions and we are affected differently

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I didn’t know anything about channels changing. I’m sure that will screw up my TiVo for a while. Is there more information on what channels are changing anywhere?

I’m in Kanata and the transmission towers are a V shape from my house. The left side of the V is Camp Fortune and the right is Herberts Corners.

·
Registered
214 Posts
this information goes back a few years now
its for the 600mhz repack to give more bandwidth to cellular services
evrything over channel 35 must be reassigned
the testing phase is from May2 to July 2
changes go live July 3

in Ottawa there are 4 channels affected

CTV2 from 43 > 35
CITS from 42 > 15
chot from 40 > 32
and even though its below 35 they are moving CTV,
even though the IC papers still say from 13 > 7 its slated to go to 16 which is much better as its in UHF

you can fins the IC chart here
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf11281.html

dont forget that HC is in Ottawa and CF is in Gatineau

I also have the transmitters in a Vshape
however being in Orleans they are exact opposite as you
i have HC on the left and CF on the right

2241 - 2260 of 2291 Posts