Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2341 - 2360 of 2373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
folcan99

The WBBZ signal will need all the help it can get to arrive at your antenna.

As chinadog said, the curvature of the earth will block the direct signal:

The FCC Longley-Rice coverage map shows no signal in your area:

This is the link to the FCC coverage map:

RabbitEars.Info

This closeup of the TVFOOL coverage map shows very light purple coverage in your area:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too receive WBBZ at times and that is with a roof top 8 bay antenna and no preamp so going a total of 60 feet should produce some good results. I have no issues receiving all other buffalo station like channe 29 and 49 with strong signal along with channel 2. TVfool say at that height should be ok.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
TVfool say at that height should be ok.
Yes, your report does show a Noise Margin of 8.9 dB for WBBZ, so there is hope. Keep in mind that the report is only a computer simulation, and is often not very accurate for 2Edge signals.
TV Fool

You will soon find out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Rabbit, even if it works for the summer im good with that since i spend my winters in Florida and pickup WBBZ on cable. Also i will be able to pick up other stations with a rotator and my stereo with pick up other stations as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There was a fire on the CN tower last night. They've shut off the tv signals so I am unable to receive any Canadian channels except CHCH. Not sure when they will turn them back on but hopefully soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CN Tower is back on and channels are fine - a feedline to one of the tv transmission antennas near the top was overheating/melting - isnt that usually caused by the transmitter faulty below?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has there been a change in CityTV?

I was getting it perfectly fine a couple months ago but now I'm not getting it at all in NW Mississauga. I'm wondering if it's an issue with wiring or something since I got Rogers cable for a couple months in between but I've put everything back like it was before I'm fairly certain and I'm still getting the other channels the same as before (Global/Omni/CBC/TVO/CTV/PBS/CW/CTV2 etc).

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
As far as I know, nothing has changed. Maybe you should try adjusting the antenna or rescanning. I live in Missiassauga and CityTv is working fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Alright it's working fine fine today it seems, signal at around 52 and I barely even did any fidgeting on the antenna.

Bit disappointed that my Terk isn't being able to pull in Fox anymore as that was the only big four US station that it could get fairly regularly but at least all the main Canadian ones + PBS/CW are working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Difficulty getting the signal for fox. Anyone else having problems? I had it coming in when I set up the antenna but the signal has disappeared. Getting NBC and everything else just fine.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Unusual conditions tonight. Try scanning now to see if anything new scans in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have Rochester coming in and ION out of Buffalo. Not the norm for this time of year!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Exactly! Never scanned in WROC and subs on Ch. 8. They were very strong. And now they're gone. I have received Ch. 51 with Ion before but tonight they were 100% strength. Still maximum strength here. I actually enjoyed the Criminal Minds show. Propagation favoured the easterly direction.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here's a rare one for me out of Buffalo area, WBXZ LD1, channels 56.1 - 56.9. How do they stuff 9 channels into a 6 Mhz space?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Couldn't catch WBXZ. Maybe they aren't all video channels but audio instead. When WROC and WRGZ were maximum, WNYO and WUTV were gone completely.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
WBXZ being a low power station is difficult to receive. The 9 channels are all video.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I can see the WBXZ tower from my house and it cuts out occasionally for me. It is very LP.
Yes, it is very Low Power. Also, WBXZ has a very directional transmitting antenna pattern that favors the east, and you are west of the transmitter.

Only 0.017 kW out of 15 kW ERP is sent in your direction. That is 17 watts out of 15,000 watts.

If you are still combining two 4-bay antennas aimed in different directions, that can make WBXZ even weaker.

Also, most UHF antennas have much less gain for the channels at the low end of the UHF band.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
WBXZ is co channel with Global tv Paris ON RF 17.My TV fool shows Global closer and stronger than WBXZ in Mississauga.WBXZ is very occasional only for me.

2341 - 2360 of 2373 Posts