Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 1506 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did a re-scan Saturday night, and have been receiving WUPW 36 from Toledo ever since! This is usually a summer nighttime Tropo occurrence; not on cold and windy March days! Does anyone know if WUPW 36 has removed their age-old NE null, enabling us to consistently receive it along with 11, 13 and 30? If WUDT in fact moved to real channel 8 on Saturday, this should clear things up to receive WNWO 24 again, intermittently at least. Still waiting for WNWO, as well as CFTV.....
I have also picked up WUPW since Saturday, for the first time ever. Even in the summer, I had never been able to get WUPW before.

WUDT is still on RF23, and I don't know if they will ever move to RF8.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For WHNE move ,well that could be some time with what's been happening ...due to COVD-19

" We've been working hard for over a year to get WHNE ready for tonight. We planned everything to the last detail, but our plans didn't work out. We ordered our new channel 3 antenna last fall. It was to be delivered in early January, but it's still not here!

Our new broadcast antenna was ordered from a company in Pennsylvania. They needed a custom made part for the antenna. They ordered this part from a specialty company in Italy about 6 weeks ago. Little did anyone know that because of the coronavirus this company has been all but shut down for the last 4 weeks. The custom part is supposed to be ready to ship, but they can't because of a quarantine on shipping in Italy! "

·
Registered
2 Posts
WXYZ ABC 7 has moved as of today Mar7 to rf25, please do a scan to find it.

Also Mar13 is the day WDIV Local4 NBC moves to rf32 a scan is also needed that day.
I rescanned on the 14th and again yesterday. Not receiving WDIV ch 4 anymore in the kingsville/leamington area. Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
130 Posts
@soundman101......Its a bit flaky for me in east Windsor if Im turned towards Toledo.Just started doing it too.

I was reading that WDIV is working from a diff antenna, the new antenna due around July.Did you try turning your Ant. a bit.???

Or try RF23 WNWO Toledo NBC is the other alternative for you.

What type of antenna are you using and do you have an amp???

thx.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: RePack Phase 8 started

Re WDIV on new Channel 32:

At the moment WDIV are transmitting at 1-MegaWatt ERP from 840-feet using their auxiliary side mount antenna. That is really quite a lot of power and elevation, so the reception should not be horribly down from their expected signal when they move to the final antenna.

The top-mount antenna installation will take a while, because delivery of the new top-mount antenna has been delayed. I would expect that WDIV will not be transmitting from their top-mount antenna until perhaps June or July.

Note there is a deep null in the pattern to the southeast, to protect stations in Canada. Also, the USA only extends about 17-miles that direction, as farther than that is Canada.

The antenna is just west of Greenfield Road and just north of 10-1/2-mile or Lincoln. If you are located bearing from 120 to 180-degrees true from the antenna, the ERP will be down to at least 414-kW and to as low as 192-kW

From the Mich Radio and TV Buzzboard……………....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My rotor is frozen at the moment/ (hydro surge took out the controller) but that was 6 weeks ago and all else were still functioning well prior to the 14th changeover. I suspect their refocused temporary transmission antenna might be suspect. All other stations coming in just fine As for my antenna and amp...all are high quality and good here. Thanks for the responses. I will check with other members in this community as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
WHNE Detroit just got their new antenna and hope to have it up by the weekend to come back up under RF-3 being the first VHF low to broadcast in the area ...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes that's good to hear , I miss the Drive In movie channel.

They say they will be called WHNE TV3 Detroit.

First time for a channel 3 in the Windsor/Detroit market.Will be strange to see that between Fox2 and Local4.

Also hear they will be adding a new Diginet called FunRoads TV on one of the infomercial channels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well WHNE TV3 is running, but for me its a no go for CM4228HD for low VHF . They are actually trying to tell peeps to get rid of preamps to get the low VHF signal .

·
Registered
130 Posts
A no go for me also, tried 3 diff antenna's. This vhf low rf3 is going to be a big prob. for WHNE.

The best low power station we have and its been put to that freq. total BS.

They should give up the ghost and share with WUDT Daystar when they go to RF8.

Get TV and Light TV will not put up with that freq. in Detroit.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Well WHNE TV3 is running, but for me its a no go for CM4228HD for low VHF . They are actually trying to tell peeps to get rid of preamps to get the low VHF signal .
Because you aren't using the right antenna for the job... A 4228 is UHF... What else would you expect?
Based on my experience here with VHF 5, that sounds like reasonable advice to me.
The excessive man made noise that a preamp will pull in from your local neighborhood is not worth the gain of the preamp. There is just too much man made trash generated by modern electronics in most neighborhoods in that band. A preamp will just make all that trash even louder.
Very little of that modern trash was around back in the day when the VHF Lo Frequencies were used for analog.
You can still run ur preamp for UHF, just bypass the preamp for a real VHF LO antenna. Pretty simple concept.
If it still doesn't work, oh well, then the signal is just too weak at your location, but at least you will have tried.
Agree with ya though, VHF low might be suitable for rural areas in the prairies where the noise floor is low, but not so much for an urban area.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not going to worry about it as its one channel . I have two CM4228HD combined that pull in everything UHF and VHF high related quite well . They are running around Detroit trying various yagi styled antenna's with hit and miss reception .

·
Registered
130 Posts
WHNE screwed up big time, just a matter of time until their major subchannels find a new Detroit home on the dial.They must have lost

thousands of viewers on both sides of the river.Its a shame really.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey DetroitTVFan,
I'm located in St. Clair Beach, and tried scanning in WHNE 3 a few weeks ago, and couldn't get it. I have a Denny's HD Stacker Antenna that has pretty decent-sized VHF elements on it, but they may not be big enough for 3! I may have had my antenna aiming too westerly; I'll try scanning it again with the antenna adjusted a little more NW, and I'll let you know.
As a side note, has everyone else lost CKCO-42 like I have? I new it was on the chopping block, but wasn't sure when it was going to happen. I believe it was April 30 I was watching the Kitchener late news, and at midnight, there was literally a pop sound, and then it went off the air. Last local analogue station is toast ! RIP CKCO-42 transmitter 1975-2020

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Tecumseh....thx for the reply. As for WHNE rf3 I have read that were in the null on the Windsor side since WHNE has to protect a rf3 in Sandusky Ohio.They have lost thousands of viewers from both sides with that move to low vhf3...

Keep trying though and keep us updated.Ive heard a lot of good things about those HD Stacker's from Dennys TV.

You must be getting WGTE PBS Toledo rf29 now that Global is off that freq .Are you getting WUPW Toledo rf26??? Some are reporting that they are , not me though in east Windsor.

1481 - 1500 of 1506 Posts