Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2321 - 2340 of 2374 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will wait until The Repack comes in Aug 2, before making any judgement about anything. I am seeing things on these pages, then I asked the people in the know, and I am getting different Answers. I dont see OMNI saying they are not moving, I know 48(69) has to move, so I will wait.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hopefully, Omni 1 & Omni 2 share the same rf.

However Omni 1 does not need to move until Jul 3, 2020.
If Omni 2 stays on 20. Then theres no point aiming towards Toronto.

Is Global updating Paris site? There was no signal yesterday & this morning.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not picking up global Paris signal most of the weekend at roughly 30 miles and I have LOS. Hopefully fixed once this repack phase ends this week.

·
Registered
645 Posts
WVIZ Cleveland

WVIZ Cleveland MIA.

Now that things have settled since this latest phase of the repack, we've lost WVIZ Cleveland (virtual 25, RF 35)

Steelota, are you receiving WVIZ since the shift on Aug 2nd?

This seems to be the only channel we've lost in this latest phase. Dunno if they changed something on their end as it was booming in until last Friday.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Like so many other stations they’ve had issues with the tower crews and can’t get their transmitter to the top of the mast.
They are operating with an STA with lower power and 300 feet lower in height.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Been a while since I visited Forum

Hello all, I used to be very active here on the London and area tread back in the day. I have been so far outta the loop I had no idea there was a channel repackaging occurring. I fired up the old antenna and was glad to see it held up over the years. Looks like all my locals are still receiving strong. Perhaps i should get back into DXing. Hope to post soon

·
Registered
747 Posts
City at rf 31 is suppose to move to rf 16 by jan 17. (I do not expect this to happen).
Ckco (sarnia) at rf 42 is suppose to move to rf 26 by Jul 3rd with 60 kW. (I read rumours that ckco (sarnia) may shut down or it may be move in march).
Chch at rf 51 is suppose to move to rf 14 by Jul 3rd with 88 kW.
Omni at rf 69 is suppose to move to rf 29 by Jul 3rd with 17 kW.
Tvo Kitchener at 28 is suppose to move to rf 22 Jul 3rd.
Global Paris has already switched to rf 23.
Global Sarnia has already moved (to rf 35 i believe).
Cits has already moved to rf 19.

Looks like most of the transmitters need to switch by Jul 3rd in the area.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A question for Londoners using OTA.....

With the repack having channels now stepping on each other with limited band space, has anyone with good height tried for a powerful station mostly in the open.

Im talking about WJBK Fox2 Detroit on rf7.

This is one I would be trying for with a fringe VHF only antenna like Stellar Labs or a long distance combo with a CM7777 amp.

I mention this station because of the great subchannels that it offers...….2.2 Movies!
2.3 Buzzr
2.4 Heroes&Icons
2.5 Decades
Any thoughts???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Detroit - i'll chime in. I'm not in London, but a fair bit to the Northwest. WJBK is at 108 miles from me. I use a Stellar Labs 30-2476 VHF antenna on a 76' tower with RCA pre-amp. It is hit or miss for WJBK in the winter. Last night and this morning it was solid. The day before, it was in and out. It is entirely weather dependent at my location. In the warmer non-winter months it's a fairly regular and easy catch.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hello rads47 thx for the reply and signal report from Bayfield, which I believe is north of Sarnia.

Great height on that tower.With the warmer wx and a little tropo help Im sure it will be solid for you.Have you tried a CM7777 pre amp over the RCA???

Also can u receive rf12 WJRT Flint across the lake with the Stellar Labs vhf???

Someone in London may have similar experience, but if they run only ota WJBK may be an option for them looking for US stations.Dont know if they can get any Erie anymore since the repack.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WJRT is more difficult at my location. It is mainly a tropo only channel, but again, fairly regular in the summer.
I've actually tried a few CM7777's. One was DOA, and the other worked briefly when I installed the tower, but then went wonky. I love the CM amp when it works, but i've had such poor reliability luck with it that I decided on the RCA. I know the RCA has spotty reliability reviews as well, but I've had good success to date.

·
Registered
225 Posts
cm 7777 is so bad with power overloads from near stations.try cm7778 it stops overloads .i live on the hamilton mountian and use the cm 7778 to get diffical buffalo station channel 67 that uses vhf 7 and i get it 98% of the time.channel 11 tower is less than 2 miles away from me and doesn't overload my cm 7778 pre-amp.when i tried the 7777 pre-amp it would overload and i would lose almost all the buffalo stations.

2321 - 2340 of 2374 Posts