Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For weeks now,I have tried ,without success, to access my transaction or billing history on my accounts after signing in.I get a total in my pay as you go account and the amount owing on my next cable bill,but no more.All I get is some type of error message like"We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later". I sent them an e-mail inquiry and this is the totally unacceptable response I received.

Dear Valued Rogers customer,

Thank you for contacting us via our web site.

We can certainly assist you with your inquiries, but before we are able
to do so, we will need you to answer to the following questions:

-First & Last name
-Four digit PIN (if applicable)
-Postal Code

We require this information to make certain that we are adhering to our
security policies and also to confirm that we are working on the correct
account.

I had supplied one of my account numbers as well as my date of birth(a required field).I was not requesting any sensitive information;I only wanted to know why I can no longer access all the information in my account.I know someone in Scarborough who is also experiencing the same frustrations.

Is there anyone else suffering the same frustrations and has anyone been able to get any explanation from Rogers.This is not an account problem;this is a Rogers problem.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
MIne works fine. Have you tried calling Rogers and asking them?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I've found the new 'My Rogers' portal a bit buggy when trying to sign in i.e. it sometimes takes multiple attempts before I'm actually taken to my account page. But once I'm in, I haven't had any problems viewing my billing or other account information. It's best to give them a call to sort out problems like these.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally called Rogers.I was told to delete my cookies because they have made numerous changes to their website.I did this for ROGERS website with both Firefox and IE Explorer.This did absolutely nothing and I still cannot access my transaction history.I was told that lots of people have called with the same problem,but surprisingly,not many replies here.
As usual,Rogers customer service is good for nothing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Whenever Rogers CSRs have no idea about what they are talking about, their response is to clear the cache or delete the cookies. Not once I have ever found that this works! I can say though that after months and months of frustrations, many emails to Rogers customer service, more emails to Office of the President and finally a number of emails with someone from Rogers Redboard, they finally got my accounts working properly (fingers crossed). It is unbelievable though that a high-tech (or is it low tech?) company like Rogers can have can have a customer account site that has experienced as many problems as this one has.

·
Registered
55 Posts
About a week ago,I was trying to get access using various passwords,the first of which was Roger's e-mailed suggestion, and kept getting error messages.Finally,for security reasons,I was locked out for 24 hours.Shortly after this,I received an e-mail from my acquaintance in Scarborough,who had never contacted Roger's ,but had the same problem,informing me that the problem appeared to be corrected because he could now access his transaction history.I tried to sign in using my original password,but I got an error message.I had to use the "forgot your password" feature and they e-mailed me a temporary one which was successful in getting me signed on and I finally did get access to my transaction history.Needless to say,since he got access without contacting Rogers,I am totally pissed at them considering the useless crap they threw at me when,it appears,they had a problem all along,as alluded to in my original post,but refused to acknowledge it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts