Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was on the BES trial for around 6 months before I moved into a house where the service wasn't available. I reluctantly signed up with Rogers. Lo and behold, a week later, they launched in my neighbourhood. I lost the sweet 50% discount which makes me cranky... but I digress.

The On-Demand service with BES was a little lacking, in my opinion. It was the one thing I missed about having Rogers - not from an interface perspective, but from a content perspective. Now that I have Rogers again, the SA interface and unreliable service ("please try again" when ordering anything on-demand) are driving me crazy. Even though I'm getting a 50% discount with Rogers, I'm ready to pay more for a better product.

My question is this:

- Has the on-demand content improved now that the service has launched commercially?
- How does it compare to Rogers?
- Is the HBO/TMN on-demand content similar in scope to Rogers?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Derrick

·
Registered
55 Posts
i too would be interested to hear if the On demand content rivals that of Rogers, Im thinking to switch from Rogers to Fibe but the On demand is pretty good on Rogers and we use it a lot. Any comments from those that have fibe? And any comments from those that used to be rogers customers about the service as a whole would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I was perusing through the on-demand on Rogers and the content they offer now is incredible. They recently upgraded the interface and its certainly quicker and more responsive but at times its slow in loading from the get-go. Once it loads it works great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went into the beaches Bell store to browse the On Demand content, films looked ok - a fair few but no where near the quantity of Rogers, I then looked at the TV on Demand and there was hardly anything - this is a deal breaker for me!

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you looking for free content.. there isnt much!
If you dont mind paying.. i was going through the VOD movie list last nite and theres 457 movies to choose from. Their either $6.99 if their new releases or $4.99 if their older movies. Most are HD. The odd one isnt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
TMN on demand

Hello,

Are the Movie Network on Demand and Movie Pix on Demand similar with the Rogers service?
Do we get the same content there for On Demand like advertised on the Movie Network site? Are they in HD (similar to Rogers)?
I'm interested in the "free" on demand (included with the Movie Network subscription)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Considering that FibeTV has only just finnally been rolled out, and a limited area, I doubt the OnDemand service is too extensive as of yet. Rogers' Ondemand service was alright I'd say, and since moving to Bell TV, I do miss it some times, but there's absolutely no reason why, once FibeTV grows in popularity, that it couldn't be just as good, if not better then what Rogers can provide, especially when you compare the technology.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts