Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1741 - 1749 of 1749 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the antenna mostly standing up (I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because RCA supplied a stand that was how it was meant to be used). I'm going to try laying it flat in a few more locations to see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
From the 1650F manual:
Positioning the Antenna
After locating the optimal position for your antenna, choose from one of three options:
• Lay the antenna fl at The antenna has raised feet on its bottom to prevent scratching
of furniture. Make sure you place the antenna on a fl at, level surface.
Note: This is the position that usually gives optimal performance.
• Hang the antenna The back of the antenna antenna has two mounting holes that can
be used for hanging. Place both holes over screws inserted in your wall.
• Stand the antenna upright The antenna comes with a removable stand. Simply place
the antenna in the stand to prop the antenna in an upright position.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91C1+0xPy-S.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you, Rabbit73. I did not have access to the manual when I was at my friend's place, but I saw it online afterwards. We will try the antenna in both orientations now.

Cheers...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Anyone else not getting CBC this morning? Neither of my antennas (C2V, DB4e) are picking it up. Tons of tropo channels from Rochester and Syracuse this morning but none are on CBLT's frequency.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maybe CBC was doing maintenance on their equipment. CBLT 5.1 is OK here at 32 db snr.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Since you were getting Syracuse it was likely WCNY on RF20 causing interference.
This will probably happen frequently in the Summer.
Syracuse stations here obliterate the Toronto stations for me during typical summer tropo.
Opposing channels are:
CITS/WSYT RF14
CBC/WCNY RF20
TVO/WSTM RF19
and soon to be CITY/WTVH RF18

·
Registered
741 Posts
You may be right, though I wasn't getting WCNY. Oddly enough my HDHomerun scans were getting zero on RF20, not even a whiff of signal strength, just 0. So it may just have been CBC doing maintenance. I should have jotted down al the tropo stations for [email protected]#% and giggles. I think it was just one Syracuse, but with Rochester I was even getting low-power station WBGT.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I looked at my log this AM when u posted that and saw no holes in the history of CBC at the CN tower.

1741 - 1749 of 1749 Posts