Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

981 - 990 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
WPXJ is strong here, but not as strong as when it was on RF23, it was 12 miles closer.
While WNED moving to RF31 with more power is a good thing, like WUTV it won't be reliable enough in winter.
With TVO off RF26, WPBS Watertown is back, but not quite reliable enough. It's 102 miles away.
Thing is I don't even need TVO from Belleville because TVO Toronto is reliable with better picture quality.
Anyway the whole family is really going to miss WXXI and its four channels. It's a shame.

A very directional antenna cut to new spectrum is what I need.
I know the 91xg is very directional, but not very good at lower UHF so it is obsolete.

·
Registered
450 Posts
It looks like global wants to shut down both Brighton and Cobourg transmitters.
If this is the case then rf23 and rf27 would be unused frequencies in the region. It’s a real shame this wasn’t done earlier. Because let’s face it TVO is not going to buy another transmitter after just spending a bundle of cash on the one they just fired up last week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think Bell Media should put the Cobourg transmitter for furture rebroadcast for CTV 2 (CKVR-TV/DT) Barrie to serve the Peterborough area on digital UHF Channel 27, while CTV would get the Brighton transmitter for CJOH-TV/DT to rebroadcast their over the air signal on digital UHF Channel 23. This would also clear up CIII-TV-2 Bancroft once it shut down their analog transmitter tower then Utica's NBC affiliate WKTV (TV)/DT can extend their channel 2 signal into Belleville, Brighton, Deseronto and Kingston, Ontario to receive a clear digital signal on digital UHF Channel 29 and PSIP VHF Channel 2 from Utica, NY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There a NBC Affiliate on Channel 2.1 from Utica, New York with the call letters of WKTV with a full clear digital signal on Digital UHF Channel 29.1 and it has a digital CBS Sub channel on Channel 29.2 (Program and System Information Protocol) Channel 2,2, CW Plus on Digital UHF Channel 29.3 (Program and System Information Protocol) on Digital VHF Channel 2.3 and a MeTV Digital Sub Channel on Digital UHF Channel 29.4 and (Program and System Information) on Digital VHF Channel 2.4 that would reach across the lake in Belleville and Kingston, Ontario area via digital indoor/outdoor HDTV antenna.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Good to read, in earlier posts, TVO Belleville is back on the air on real 22 with reasonable power. I will have to try and tune in / re-scan later.

Sad to hear the conflict with ch 22 WXXI PBS in Rochester NY across Lake Ontario is having negative effects for some, and the loss of some other transmitters in other nearby regions.

Hope TVO can "see the light" and in the nearby future ...go to a better frequency with no nearby channel conflict.

I wrote in an earlier post:

TVO replied, that the Belleville transmitter is currently at 3000 W on ch 26, and that they plan to go to ch 22 by March 13, 2020 with 10,900 Watts, for a TEST PERIOD.

They are regulated / directed to do that by CRTC, ISED and FCC.
ISED = Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada

So if anyone is having reception issues and concerns conflicts interference or comments ... etc.

I would suggest, write and perhaps CC (carbon copy) all of:

1. The Station itself.

2. The CRTC.

3. The ISED = Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada

4. The FCC in the USA = Federal Communications Commission (if the issue is related to any U.S. station or transmissions)

5. Consider writing / copying any of your local politicians reps / media / newspapers etc. if you wanna make the issue "public".
( we got local, provincial and federal levels of gov't. Municipal, Provincial, Federal gov't Political Representatives )

6. I even wrote a short note / card to one of the regular / prominent News Anchors / on the local CTV CJOH TV news in Ottawa ...
To let them know " ... we watch your excellent evening newscast - To all the News Team .. but we miss you in our region, because the transmitter is "DOWN" in our region, and has been for some time. Hope we can see you again soon ! Thanks ! Keep up the Good Work ! "

... LOL ... LOL ... LOL ...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is anyone getting NBC Watertown. Channel 45.1 and 45.2. I am getting these on a new Roku tv but I can’t get them on my older TVs. All using the same attenna. They are clear and I only lose them in rain. Have had them for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NBC Watertown, WVNC

dreameral
I get good reception of NBC Watertown, WVNC (virtual channel 45, actual channel 24)
I live a few km East of Gananoque, Ontario; about 50 km (30 miles) North of Watertown.
My antenna is Antennas Direct DB8, mounted in my garage rafters.

Before the repack (Nov 2019) I sometimes (50% of the time) got reception of WVNC on channel 45.
They were off-air for a couple of months doing repack/repairs.
Since January I have gotten very good reception of WVNC on channel 24.

M

981 - 990 of 990 Posts