Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't listening at the time, but enough people were at about 12:50pm Thursday during the Tony Marinaro show on CKGM when an advertising break seemed to go wrong. Very wrong.

Two ads play simultaneously, then they're followed by dead air. Marco Campagna struggles to get things running, but he's run into an apparently common computer problem and he lets out a string of obscenities, not realizing that a microphone in the studio is picking up his frustrated yells and is broadcasting them along with the ads.
http://blog.fagstein.com/2011/03/10/team-990-profanity/

WARNING: Video contains profanity

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am a volunteer at our local community radio, and the golden rule always was.. know what your going to say before you say it on the airwaves.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It Happens . . .

. . . and it's really embarrassing.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I was listening to a Vancouver Canucks' radio broadcast from Calgary. After a few seconds of dead air following a break, the play-by-play guy (Jim Robson) was heard to say: "That was the worst game I've ever seen".

·
Registered
160 Posts
The fact that it's an "Ad Standards" ad that's playing at the start just makes this all the more delicious LOL

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I was thinking the same thing DanJ was.

Having computer issues can be frustrating no matter where you are, and I'm sure this guy is quite embarrassed that the studio mic was also on.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It appears the frustration also took his attention from any audio level display device(s) as dead air would have made voice readings plainly visible.

When I played it for my wife, her response was: "Can we say Oooops...? :)"

Sure shows how tame those blooper records of the 60's and 70's were by comparison...

Cameron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts