Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Old Time Radio shows Broadcast

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  mojo55 
#1 ·
Ok, this is probably in the wrong thread, but I couldn't find anywhere relevant to post this. Does anyone know of any radio stations in southern Ontario that broadcast old time radio shows? CHML has had a program change and the nightly OTR broadcasts are now gone replaced by a bunch of "know it alls" spewing opinion on stuff they know nothing or very little about. Their choice I guess, but I wont be listening. So besides streaming it, I know Zoomer radio has it on but I believe it's only for an hour on most nights. I sure wish I could find another station that has this sort of programming. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I'm not certain if this is the time period that you are looking for, but throughput the day, 92.9 The Grand plays 50s, 60s, and 70s tunes, interspaced with more recent music. If the more recent tunes start becoming an irritant, the radio is turned off, and I listen to silence.

But if you really want to hear strictly music from that era, tune in from 18:00 to 21:00, for The Roger Ashby Oldies Show.

They don't mention it on the site, but I'm fairly certain they also have the same three hour show on Saturdays, but I don't know if it's from 18:00 to 21:00.

Other than this station, I rely on internet oldies stations.

My sweet spot is 1965 - 1975, hard rock, acid rock, psychedelic rock. But I can stand just about anything from the Big Band era, to the mid 80s.

#5 ·
If you are close to the U.S. border, some NPR stations have old radio shows in the evenings.
They can also be streamed or downloaded.

#8 ·
I don't know if this is what the OP is looking for, but we found a small station from Conneaught Ohio that plays strictly boomer tunes. It is only a 5Kw station but also streams their content online. Do a search for 1360 WWOW Conneaught Ohio.
Their on air moto is unique "Broadcasting 5000 watts from our vertically challenged tower of power on Middle field Road."
😆

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.