Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,114 Posts
That's not a resistor, it's a capacitor. Non-polarized capacitors are used as a high pass filter with tweeters. If the value can be read, it will be marked in uF. Just make sure that any replacement is made for use with speaker systems.

I would just leave the non-working group of mid-range speakers disconnected for now. If the speakers have any markings, it might be possible to find a replacement. First, see if you want to put that much money into the speaker system.

ps. This appears to be an old speaker system from an auditorium. As such, it has probably been used at high volumes and may have more problems than just one blown speaker. Don't expect it to have great sound quality either. These types of systems are optimized for high efficiency at mid-range frequencies.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.