Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 6 year old Samsung HD ready P4241 rear projection and to have any OTA indoor or outdoor HD antenna, it requires a HD box. I also have no HDMI input.

First, due to my unemployed status for some time and I don't watch that much TV and what I need can be available over Internet, on PC, I am ready to rid myself of ridiculous Shaw Direct fees.

The best HD is thru a LCD or LED TV, that most likely will come, ie. employed status, but in the interim, is it worth to get the HD box at least for an indoor Terk amplified HD antenna.

Currently if I try conventional rabbit ears, I get next to nothing in reception, probably even with an indoor Terk, not much better.

Waht options am I looking at? maybe coat hanger aerial?

Also, where could I get a decent, inexpensive HD box?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Hello and welcome here - for getting OTA DTV on an RPTV without an ATSC tuner in it you are looking for what is described in this thread:

ATSC High Definition Tuner Boxes (Non-Recording)

and there are a variety of threads regarding other types of ATSC tuner devices that are PVRs, that work on computers, etc.

Since you mentioned building your own antenna you will want to read the following introduction:

Best Do-It-Yourself OTA Antennas - see these links

But most importantly, please read through the following for vital OTA information that you will require to get started:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=125161

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.