360 Arcade: $199.99
Xbox 360: $299.99
Xbox 360 Elite: $399.99

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From press release
REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 3, 2008 — Imagine if friends and families had the ability to instantly watch movies from Netflix, live out their musical fantasies through “Rock Band 2” (Harmonix/MTV Games) and “Lips” (iNiS Corp./Microsoft Game Studios), star in their own Hollywood classics with “You’re in the Movies,” or have the power to never miss the latest episode of “Heroes” — all from one device, starting at $199.1 That device is Xbox 360, and Microsoft Corp. today announced it will offer the gaming and entertainment console, which offers the leading Xbox LIVE service, at a new low price in the United States. Beginning Sept. 5, Xbox 360 Arcade will retail for the estimated retail price of $199.99, the Xbox 360 console for $299.99 and Xbox 360 Elite for $399.99.

“We are thrilled to be the first next-generation console on the market to reach $199, a price that invites everyone to enjoy Xbox 360,” said Don Mattrick, senior vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “Xbox 360 delivers amazing performance at an extraordinary value with the leading online service and best lineup of games, downloadable movies and TV shows available from a console. The majority of consumers make the decision to buy consoles once the price falls to this mark, making this an important milestone for consumers and the industry.”

History shows that more than 75 percent of all console sales happen after the price falls below the $200 mark. For millions of consumers who have been waiting for the perfect time to buy an Xbox 360 console, their moment has finally arrived. At $199, Xbox 360 is the most affordable next-generation console on the market, offering something for everyone with the most dynamic, interactive entertainment experiences available.

Xbox 360 Arcade plus a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and a Netflix subscription costs $100 less than 12 months of digital cable. Xbox 360 invites everyone into a limitless world where the best games, movies and TV shows can be enjoyed live side-by-side with your personal pictures and music library.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Yesterday I picked up next weeks flyer for a certain major Canadian Electronic Retailer. On page 1 was the Arcade version lister for $199.99

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I wonder if we'll see a further drop in the old 20GB systems still floating about? $249 would be nice :)

I have to fight the urge to buy another now... the holiday bundles should be out in a few months, plus Wallyworld usually has some sort of extra deal during their Anniversary Sale.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I wonder if we'll see a further drop in the old 20GB systems still floating about? $249 would be nice :)
Hard to say...depends on the store.

Using the PS3 as an example I've seen plenty about 20 40gb units sitting at my local BB for the regular price of $399 even though the 80gb was out for the same price. Funny thing though....I bought the new 80gb there last Thursday and they had at least 30 of 'em in stock sitting on a pallet. I went there Tuesday and there were no 80gb to be found but the 40gb were still there and were at half the amount they had when I went there last week. Is it possible they sold all those 80's? Certainly. But I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled them off the floor to help move the 40gb they have left because the fact is, most people have no clue the 40gb has been replaced by the 80gb.....and even so....who would buy it when the 80gb is the same price? It's also worth noting that BB.ca has yet to list the new 80gb on their website yet FS.ca does.

I ran into a similar situation with the 60gb 360. The 1st two weeks it was released my local BB had none on the floor yet my local EB Games had them the 2nd day they were released. Did I mention my local BB had a whack of 20gb left over when I went in looking for a 60gb?:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts