Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm sure James meant "now" instead of "not" because the trailer was there. I found the 1080p trailer on a torrent site and it's beautiful.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ooops. I corrected my prior post.

Since I posted a link to the HBO site, it's obvious I meant NOW. HEHE.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Oh sorry, I'd been reading about how the trailer was released then it was gone then it was back (but not for Canadians). So I figured James was saying it was gone again, I should have thought that through a little more.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I just re-watched BoB. After checking out the making-of again, I was stunned to hear how much it cost, and how long it took to film. I'm sure Pacific won't dissapoint.

Anyone know if they are shooting on film or digital?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The preview/trailer that I saw the other night on HBO-Canada certainly had quite a CGI heavy "look" to it - reminded me of the first trailer I saw for G.I. Joe (although I'm confident the narrative will be vastly superior).

It wouldn't surprise me if they went digital because they're adding in so much post-production "blowed up real good!" stuff.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
They used lots of CGI on BoB as well... it just was really well done. There were shots that I had no idea that they weren't real. For example, the retreat of the German forces after surrender as Easy advances...

They will do a nice "making of" for Pacific, too... it will just be awhile before we see it!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
HBO programs used to be aired on the Movie Network prior to the establishment of HBO Canada which is now the exclusive home for HBO first run productions.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Canadian broadcast of Band of Brothers starts tonight.... don't recall it ever being shown in HD here yet.

And frankly this is the only thing that prevented me from cancelling Movie Central's progressively weaker and weaker HD package.

Good to watch as a lead-in to 'Pacific'

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm in the middle of reading (Kindle version) "With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa". Great book.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Bumped in the east coast as well. It's in the guide several times over the next few days. No idea when it's really on.

This is the HBO Canada schedule:

Schedule
Friday Feb. 19 1:25PM ET / MT
Saturday Feb. 20 12:30PM ET / MT
Monday Feb. 22 11:20AM ET / MT
Wednesday Feb. 24 1:55PM ET / MT
Thursday Feb. 25 4:50PM ET / MT

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So far, I've recorded the "Making Of" show 5 times (HBO Canada HD and TMN HD) and every time something else has aired in its place.

I thought things would change today but nope. It's on again tonight on TMN. We'll see.

21 - 40 of 176 Posts