Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2014 WSBK Season

2014 WSBK Online Video Pass & beIN Sports TV
01/28/2014 @ 10:45 am, by David Emmett

World Superbikes will be easier to watch for fans around the world this year. The World Superbike series has announced that it is to make an online video pass available to fans this season, making it possible to watch WSBK races live on the WorldSBK.com website, or rewatch them at leisure. (...)
(...),enquiries made by us into the matter indicate that the pass will be available for fans in the US and Canada. More details will surely be announced soon, via the World Superbikes website.

US World Superbike fans will also be able to watch the series on TV. At least, they will if they have access to the oddly-capitalized beIN SPORTS channel in their cable package.

Just as it did last year, the channel will be showing every World Superbike race live, both on TV and via their beIN SPORTS PLAY mobile app. Whether the races will be streamed on the beIN SPORTS website is as yet unclear.
2013 Television coverage Map

2013 Thread: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=159820

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
So, beIN sports will have SuperBike, but it's going to be very expensive per the beIN thread after the free preview. I'm not interested in the other sports shown on beIN, so I won't be subscribing (channel or internet)

FS1 will have MotoGP, but we don't get it in Canada and Speed is gone from Rogers and probably soon from others.

Anyone have any legal and not costly suggestions for watching SuperBike and MotoGP? It doesn't even need to be live. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
MotoGP will air on CBSNH, CBS Sports Network, Channel 547 in Toronto on Monday at 2PM. It will also be repeated many times later in the week. Good news that someone has picked this up for MotoGP fans. Since MotoGP is rarely covered in the "normal" news/sports that I read, it should be no problem watching without knowing the results.

(Found by using search in Anyplace Home)

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
Went downstairs to watch the race and they had aired the incorrect race at 2PM (MotoCross instead of GP). I'll set a couple more recordings on Tuesday with lots of padding at both ends, although a snowmobile race was on just before 2PM today.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ended up watching a BT Sport feed (I just can't take to all the ad-breaks and dour commentary on Speed), with the wonderful commentary from ex racer, Keith Huewen and writer Julian Rider. These used to commentate on WSBK for Sky Sports back in the 90's and early 00's. This was their first MotoGP race commentary, and as usual they really get into the race and make it so much more enjoyable than the guys on Speed!

I realise this doesn't help Hugh as it's not a legal way of watching the races, but it was an entertaining 45 minutes with those 2 guys.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
...I realise this doesn't help Hugh...
Thanks for the info, but I am not Hugh, I am not "Third of Five". I am 57.

I recorded the next airing overnight and still no MotoGP, just MotoCross. I've set another couple of recordings on CBS Sports Network, hoping they'll eventually get it right. Thanks for not posting the race results.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
I went to the CBS SportsNet website and although it somewhat resembles what's indicated on Rogers IPG, they don't show anything about motorcycle racing, even though it obviously airs in Canada. Must be like Speed Canada was - some sort of bastard child...

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
Called Rogers regarding MotoCross airing instead of MotoGP all this week. They must have done something because today, the first 10 minutes of what was supposed to be MotoGP was the Boomer & Carton programme (incorrectly, even for the US schedule), but after 10 minutes, they aired MotoCross incorrectly again.

I don't know who does the substitution, but it's been escalated at Rogers again. If it were only this one event, I would not care, but it's possible this may happen for the rest of the season, which would be a shame. I also tried the SD channel (416) with the same result, because I believe it's simply a downconverted HD (letterboxed) feed.

PS. I left a message at CBS Sports Network, although I'm not sure they'll even understand the issue.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just subscribe to the Motogp.com feed. I have the single view pass for 99 euro for the year (multi view pass is more). All races & practices live or Ondemand in HD. Ondemand for all races back to '92 i believe. Lots of extras available during and off season.

Totally worth it if your a fan. My wife and I have subbed for the last few years.

Since Dorna owns WSBK as well they have a WSBK video pass for 70euro as well. I have no experience with that one.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
Yeah, googling WSTV didn't come up with anything useful that I found. I've set my PVR to record FoxSR Sunday afternoon with repeats Sunday evening and Monday morning early.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fox Sports (Renamed from Speed) on Rogers had the MOTOGP race on Sunday but I can't find if Bell is carrying Fox Sports yet.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
All I can say regarding the race last weekend from Phillip Island is WOW!

As for the race from Sepang, it's too bad that Rossi got frustrated by Marquez. Rossi should not have done what he did and has been given an appropriate penalty. I don't think Rossi kicked Marquez' bike, but Rossi did intentionally run Marquez wide after looking at him three times in that corner. There was also no need for Rossi's comments about Marquez earlier in the week (Thursday). I have immense respect for all these riders.

#SepangClash: Marquez crash

Unfortunately, it reminded me of Schumacher/Villeneuve, Senna/Prost, Schumacher/Hill intentional incidents.

·
Registered
149 Posts
it's a shame Rossi just blew his championship hopes... I would love to know how they reacted in his home town.... where that priest rings the bell on the cathedral!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am more upset at the lenient penalty MotoGP gave Rossi. Considering how dangerous this sport is, that was beyond reckless. Any other rider would've been black flagged and suspended for a race or two.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts