Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, noticed a slight delay in audio when watching + agree these guys should get a prize for the largest logo! (I sure hope they downsize it).

·
Registered
537 Posts
the audio is dropping in and out
hmm, I've seen a few posts about poor audio but I've been suffering from major macroblocking rendering this channel unwatchable. I've tried several times since this channel came up and it is always bad for me.

Like deltafin, I'm in Waterloo so I wonder if it's just me with the poor video? My signal strength is +9.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FYI, A&E in HD on Rogers Cable is part of the Specialty Package that you pay $5.95 more for.
And it will air 65% of The same programming as A&E Standard Def. Will.

And no plans for it to be avail. in Newfoundland anytime soon!!

·
704 Posts
hmm, I've seen a few posts about poor audio but I've been suffering from major macroblocking rendering this channel unwatchable. I've tried several times since this channel came up and it is always bad for me.

Like deltafin, I'm in Waterloo so I wonder if it's just me with the poor video? My signal strength is +9.
Bear in mind this channel doesn't officially launch until Monday.

...so it could go poof ... all cleared up lol.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Equator ? Rush ? Oasis ? Treasure ? Who really watched these boring channels ??? :confused:
HD showdown maybe but so damn boring.

Where is SPACE ??

A&E must be a joke, not HD but a SD feed and it's stretch, beurk !
From what I can see, I think that A&E HD is a mix of HD&stretched SD. This is especially noticable in the comercials. I guess they thought it would look better then flipping back and forth. I guess time will tell if people like it or not.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well, there is no 'SPACE' HD channel yet! I'd like to see one too but it doesn't exist.

At least give A&E HD a chance to fail before you declare it a joke. It's only been one day.

I for one am happy Bell is providing all the HD channels available, even if I don't watch them all. I like the choice.

-Mike
I am not so sure about the others, but I think I will be watching a bit of A&E HD!

·
Banned
724 Posts
If you look through the many A&E HD threads you will find that it hasn't actually launched yet. HD programs begin on Monday September 4th with a CSI Miami marathon. It wont be HD 24/7, it will be a mix of HD and SD material.
All I can say is that the A&E HD logo has to go... it's takes up half the screen:mad: and it's but ugly :eek:

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
All I can say is that the A&E HD logo has to go... it's takes up half the screen:mad: and it's but ugly :eek:
I agree...if anything stops me from watching that channel it will be the logo...I mean comeon, lets get realistic here.

I am happy to see the new HD channels, wonder however what the $$ are going to be and if that logo on A&E is not made smaller/gone I will not be buying it.

Alt

·
Registered
255 Posts
No True HD Yet?

I watched the Firm with Tom Cruise and the serial murder film at 9pm on Saturday Both were up converts

CSI Miami will run 8pm every week night so perhaps that is when the true HD will start.
The Jill Hennesey series about the coroner is running 6 episodes to day Sunday so we will see if it is true HD?
It is certainly a station with many commercials and a huge logo.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've sent them an email explaining my dissatisfaction with the logo on this channel. I'd suggest everyone else who doesn't like it do the same. Maybe they will change it if they get enough complaints about it.
Here is the link to their site. http://www.aetv.com/

·
Super Moderator
56,395 Posts
When I get the time, I will send them an e-mail about the channel's "shortcomings" I will advise them that I don't like:

- Stretching SD. If I want stretched images, I'll do them myself.

- Improperly encoded DD5.1 (sound out LF & RF only). Please provide DD5.1 signal only for DD5.1 programming. For DD2.0 programmes, please provide DD2.0 signal.

- HUGE logo. Please decrease the size, make it less opaque - people with HDTVs usually have large TVs and the logo should not be larger than your head.

- Currently there is a video/audio synch issue.

We had some luck with these issues with some HD channels.

- We got City to finally stop the improper DD5.1
- We got CBC to not try grey bars.
- We got CBC to stop their improper DD5.1 (near the start)
- We got City to stop the stretched SD when they first started broadcasting.
- Etc.

So, it can work - start the writing... We need to nip this in the bud.

Someone please provide an e-mail link, or a webpage for feedback, thanks.

21 - 40 of 212 Posts