So the only main "improvement" with 6412 over 6208, when they ship, will be the larger HDD (120 Gb instead of 80 Gb). No dual tuner at this time, and the Blue Guide will be used for now.Lenster said:I spent a 1/2 hour with a NB CSR (ID starts with F). She read me their update word-for-word and I'll try to sum up what she said:
- the launch date for the 6412 is Friday, Feb. 4, 2005.
- there is a shortage of these boxes
- the 6412 will be launched with the second tuner disabled "in NB", with this being enabled in the future (CSR guessed 6 months)
- known issues with 6412: slow channel change (same as 6208), no coax out, close captioning only avail. on HD channels using component video.
- the monthly rental charge will be $19.99 per month, same as 6208, until dual tuner functionality is activated (the CSR guessed $5/mth more)
- no mention of what guide to be available (Moto site link says the i-Guide!, but only when dual tuner is activated).
She said Rogers Video stores get their regularly scheduled shipments on Tuesdays & Thursdays (DD stumbled on 6412's in Miramichi).
So I have another order on the system. The CSR's cannot specifically order the 6412 as it's not yet on their system. Place an order and spin the wheel...
I tried choosing the French option and got a French girl from the Ottawa Call Center. Being in the nation's capital across the river from Quebec, I don't think you'll get the Moncton center very often. Try calling before 8:30AM instead.que3jxp said:There is a call center in Moncton that we sometimes get sent to in the vectoring that goes on in the background of the Rogers phone system, but the only sure way most days is to choose french for the language.