Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Signal Meter on my 4100 not available after update. Menu 6, 1, 1,

So here's the situation a branch grew in the way of my flawless signal path a few years back , I got on ladder cut it, now a higher up one has grown its punt needle sub branches in the way.

For a while I would get even aka horizontal? Transponders but the odd ones dropped out when even ones were at 55 now all are gone except when it rains , and the heavy water sitting on branch pushes it down out of the way. Of signal path.

I had a another bell dish complete with lnbf hooked to lead ready to go.inline Signal meter (german one , used for years ) showed a massive signal where it should be. However my non grey FTA box showed a massive signal too (cheap universal box for dish pointing ) however usually back 5 years ago when I last used it it would say found and the satellites name from signal . This was great as I could find any type of satellite. As we all know these boxes haven't been getting firmware updates for 7-9 years therefore signal scanning may be out of date.

That was super suck because I didn't want to have to run new rg6 without knowing I have the 91 signal . So I abandoned that box and looked for a ird not in use. 1st I found a uodated 3100 ut wouldn't fit in the shoulder bag that housed the monitor (was heavily raining 3 days straight) could not place anything outside had to be protected.

So I found a old 4100 from 2007 at least that was copyright on sysinfo screen. Did Menu 6,1,1 couldn't fund for direct aignl I marked my points and swung dish around only to be logical and come back to orig signal.

My primary dish started getting 55 on even transponders so I hooked the 4100 up to it. Still some result in dish where 3 tvs are playing channels same time.

My assumption it needs a software update. I left it in the signal and hour later sys info was 2019

Now current problem and why I'm writing this:
Suddenly it says smart card not valid for this receiver insert smart card before I can do menu 611 , if I manage to do it , itll cover it with above error 19 or 20 within seconds.

So of I can get bell to send me a current card will I be able to use this nice compact box as a signal meter ?

And will they charge me ? Will I have to add this box to Sub? What happens when I take it off sub? Can I use as signal meter or will I have to keep adding to sub?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the specific BellTV boxes, but isn't the 4100 an SD box? Why would there be an option for aspect or video output? It's just going to send 480i via whatever output port you use.

Perhaps someone more familiar, who has Bell can comment further.
its gonna send 480P the DVD format there is no rule saying that Prigressive is hdmi or component only

·
Super Moderator
56,460 Posts
281 - 285 of 285 Posts