Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 260 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
4100, missing channels

Thanks all, I think it must be water in the cable, the second line that comes into house works OK. When the snow has gone I'll get on the roof and check the other cable. Seem to recall the tech laid it in the guttering ( eavestrough), probably where the problem lies.
Thank you again, answers much appreciated.

Vic.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed in this forum before. I have just purchased a new LG Smart HDTV and I was wondering if I could watch My local Channels when the Satellite Reception is knocked out due to bad weather snow storm etc. I do have an old HDTV Indoor antenna I could use.

There is a coax antenna connection on the back of the 4100 receiver.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Your LG TV should have a coax antenna input. If you connect an over the air antenna to it you will receive OTA signals.
The 4100 should use the AV outs to connect to the TV.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The 4100 does not have an ATSC tuner for antenna TV.

The only supported receiver that does, is the 6141 (that I know of).

Connect your antenna cable directly to the coaxial input of your TV.

Using LG remote, click on Settings, go down to Channels, click on Auto Tuning, click on Start

·
Registered
570 Posts
The other model that also has a ATSC tuner is the 9242 and is still currently supported. Nothing else but the 9242 and the 6141 have ATSC. Previously we had the 6000,6100,9200

A little note though, your better off using your tv as the tuner because you will most likely get some banner info as to whats showing on a particular channel. (Example. My Panasonic televison has a banner at the top that shows the shows name and Rating)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Am I doing something wrong here? I have connected bell 4100 receiver to TV using RCA red white yellow cables. When I connect the antenna to coax connection on TV I am not getting a signal.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Did you do a channel scan on the TV? Was the TV set to antenna and not cable? You need to scan for digital antenna signals not digital cable signals.
Are in close enough to a metro area where you can receive OTA signals?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The Antenna port works as a "pass through" when you turn the 4100 Off. The feed from the Dish/Switch goes to Satellite In, which should have a blue coloured core on the "F" connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
When I plug the antenna into the TV and check my inputs the antenna input doesn't show anything. Its just dark. The receiver input is fine.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That is correct. You connect an Antenna or Cable feed to that "F" connector, then connect the TV output to the TV. The default would be on Channel 3. This can be changed to channel 4 via the 4100 menu system.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Unless you are using the antenna out to feed your TV your TV should be connected direct to the antenna. The 4100 has no use for the antenna and should be connected using the AV outputs to the TV.
Then select antenna on your TV and run a channel scan.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The idea of that port on the 4100 is that when used on an older TV that only has an "F" connector as an Input, then you can watch the 4100 on Ch 3 and when you turn it off, you would see the signals going into the 4100 on the Cable/Antenna Connector.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well I have tried everything to get a antenna to work on my lg tv. I have tried the antenna port on 4100 receiver, I have tried the coax connection on the TV. I have tried a boaster for the antenna and nothing works. I am about 5 miles for the television station.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
What kind of Antenna do you have outside?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Problem is with your TV or your antenna. Not a 4100 issue. What is your location?

Most but not all of the digital stations come in over UHF. That is the stations from 14 and up. So you need a UHF antenna. That is the part of a large antenna with the short arms.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Its an RCA antenna suppose to be good for digital hdtv channels. It say UHf VHF on it. I had no problems before when channels were analog. Know both local channels are digital. Its an indoor antenna purchased about 8 years ago.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I think that is 99% of the problem.

You really need an out door Antenna for ATSC Reception.

You could always try running it outside with a length of RG6 and aiming it towards the Antenna sending your signals.

Use TV Fool, to work out which way to aim it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Digital signals are not as forgiving as the old analog. You either have a signal or you don't. There is no snowy pictures anymore. They also be very directional.

241 - 260 of 285 Posts