Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

201 - 220 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Does it work if you move it to another location again.?

Does another receiver work in THAT location.?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Nah, thats easy now. You need a new one.....lol Sorry could not resist...

Can only think it was dying and was about to go anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Home theater

I have a 4100, and just purchased the Denon AVR-391 receiver.

Still have not figured how to hook up the 4100 to the Denon, can someone help?

Once set up, any special programing or changes that i need tyo make to the 4100 to get suround sound?

Thanks Much

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Not exactly sure what Denon you have but you will need an Optical Cable from the 4100 to get 5.1 from the Channels that have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
4100 and game consoles

how do you connect game consoles when the receiver is connected to the back of the tv where you connect game console cables. do you need extra components or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to play my game consoles and we recently purchased the express vu satellite and receivers cause we dont get cable where we're living now.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Are you sure you do not have any spare Inputs on the TV.?

If not, you have two choices, either remove the 4100 Cables and replace with the Game Console Cables or buy a switch that will allow to to swap between 4100 & Game Console. Somewhere like Radio Shack will carry them.

·
Super Moderator
56,465 Posts
It would have to be a really old or inexpensive TV to only have one RF-coax input for example. Most would have composite video/analogue audio or other connections. If there is another connection, you'll need to switch the inputs via the TV's menu system after making the proper connections from both devices. See the following FAQ on Cables & Connections:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76085

And the following useful post for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

Oh, and welcome back after 6 years. ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You'd be surprised how often I run into this problem. Just hook the 4100 up with the coax, and use the yellow-red-white for your game system. If it's a smaller TV you probably won't even notice much of a difference between composite and coax.

I've come across quite a few newer TVs, usually in the 32-40" range that might have 3 HDMI inputs, and the dongle for composite/component inputs and they can never seem to find the dongle so I'm forced to use coax.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If there is only 1 coax input, swap the Output on the 4100 to Ch4, then get a cheap 2 way splitter to connect both.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Unless his game console is an old school Nintendo or Super Nintendo (both of which I have, and have played recently lol) he's probably talking about the composite inputs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 4100 that stopped responding to the remotes. I have a bell remote & a logitech remote & the only thing that works is the power buttons. I unplugged it overnight & also did a reset but still wont work. Is it fried ?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If it has a Smart card, pull that out, then while it is showing the System Info Screen, press the RECORD button on the remote. This will marry the Receiver with the code on the Remote.

If that does not work, it might be that the IR sensor has died.

You have not just got a new TV or new Compact Florescent lighting have you.?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well it was worth a try I guess.......

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The second time must have been the charm..... Thanks for reporting back, glad it worked out.

201 - 220 of 285 Posts