Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for owners of the new ExpressVu 3200 to discuss operation of the unit or any issues.

If your looking to buy a 3200 then please check out this thread.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Picked one up on the 27th (F&F sale). Set it up today. Works good. So far I'm only running one tuner but will connect the second in a couple of days.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that the Screensaver is wreaking havoc on my ReplayTV. It pops up after 4 hrs of inactivity, and after every guide update. When the the replay goes to record, it ends up recording the Screensaver instead of the channel. PITA!! :(

·
Banned
310 Posts
Don't go near the silver interactive TV button on the remote. It locks up solid if you try to go back to normal viewing. Besides, the "interactive TV" is a complete joke and BEV should either revamp it or just ditch it.

Anyway, that's my main gripe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my 3200 for a week now ... found a problem with the iTV thing [thanks to the kids] ... it locks up the IRD, you can't get back to watch'n TV without a reboot. BEV support has confirmed this as the current firmware is still beta :-|

If you have problems with the 3200, you don't need to unplug the AC to do a hard reboot. Hold the power switch in for about 6-10 seconds and wait for the LED's to flash off & on, then release the switch. Sit back and wait, the IRD will do a complete reload / reset ... the same as pulling the AC power.

And for any of you who know Bell / BEV / Mobility [or even Bell World] employee's, have them advise you the next time there is a friends and family sale. I purchased my 3200 for $119.99 & 6100 for $279.99. It's nice to have a friend in the business [I'd insert a copy of the last sale PDF, but I don't know how]

·
Registered
28 Posts
bixlorr.........have you tried to get Picture-in-Picture (PIP) to work? Seems one has to put the 3200 into single mode but I have not been able to figure out how to do this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Connecting Up the 3200

I just got a 3200 and tried to hook it up. I only installed one satellite input (#1) and the unit wouldn't lock onto the the satellites. So I phoned BEV. They told me that you need to install the two incoming satellite inputs as if you just hook up only one, the unit will not work. I was planning to hook up the other input at another time. Has anybody only hook up one satellite input and got it to work? If yes, how do you get it to work?

Thanks,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jag
... I have explored my 3200 and can find no way to establish PIP. I checked the spec's on Dish 322 IRD ... PIP is not mentioned as an available feature. One feature that I like is the TEXT search feature, similiar to Directv IRD's ... very handy ...

dfm
... 3200 works just fine on one [1] LNB ... as a matter of fact, mine ran for 4 days before I hooked up the second LNB to this IRD ... Even the people at Bell World were selling 3200's to people who only wanted one more IRD ... at the price during F&F ... $89 for 3100 or $119 for 3200 ... must people were going for the 3200. I just tested my 3200 on 1 LNB after a hard reboot ... works fine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
dfm said:
I just got a 3200 and tried to hook it up. I only installed one satellite input (#1) and the unit wouldn't lock onto the the satellites. So I phoned BEV. They told me that you need to install the two incoming satellite inputs as if you just hook up only one, the unit will not work. I was planning to hook up the other input at another time. Has anybody only hook up one satellite input and got it to work? If yes, how do you get it to work?

Thanks,
I ran into this exact problem. When I went to do the initial install/activation the receiver would not download the initial "software" update needed to initialize the receiver. So I temp. rigged a second input to LNB2, let the receiver download the necessay updates, and then disconnected the second lnb. After that it ran fine with just one tuner. I am using an old dual lnb I got with my 2700 way back when so maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
PIP is currently not available. It may be available in a future firmware update.

·
Registered
754 Posts
New software available. It disables ITV and improves search functionality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Falcon said:
New software available. It disables ITV and improves search functionality.
Falcon - do you have the release version? Current version = V102GEHD

BEV just replaced my 3200 due lockups and that's the version they pushed this morning to this new IRD. As well, I have several friends that purchased 3200’s from F&F, they too have had their 3200’s replaced due to various problems

Problems seen so far:

- Loss of Secondary tuner [TV has white screen], or cannot turn on secondary tuner [floating logo]
- IRD sudden reset / boots
- Primary tuner fails to change channel, in any mode. Tuner locks on last working channel.
- During bad weather when signal level falls very low, IRD fails to find transponders when signal strength returns.
- IRD fails to boot properly when power switch used to force hard boot. Requires numerous boots to restore normal operation.

BEV Support advised me that will be pushing new firmware sometime in the early new year … possibly after the 6100’s are updated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the 3200 installed over the Xmas break and now I'm trying to lock out certain channels so that my kids don't get trigger happy with movie subscriptions. I tried the process shown on channel 198 but it doesn't seem to do anything. I get into the lock channel menu screen, choose the channels I want to lock, click done, then go back into the main menu screen and the channels are still showing up as if nothing happened. Am I missing a step?

John

·
Registered
754 Posts
johnny_marin said:
I had the 3200 installed over the Xmas break and now I'm trying to lock out certain channels so that my kids don't get trigger happy with movie subscriptions. I tried the process shown on channel 198 but it doesn't seem to do anything. I get into the lock channel menu screen, choose the channels I want to lock, click done, then go back into the main menu screen and the channels are still showing up as if nothing happened. Am I missing a step?
They should still show up in the guide but ask for the password when you attempt to go to one of them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
bixlorr said:
Falcon - do you have the release version? Current version = V102GEHD

BEV just replaced my 3200 due lockups and that's the version they pushed this morning to this new IRD. As well, I have several friends that purchased 3200’s from F&F, they too have had their 3200’s replaced due to various problems

Problems seen so far:

- Loss of Secondary tuner [TV has white screen], or cannot turn on secondary tuner [floating logo]
- IRD sudden reset / boots
- Primary tuner fails to change channel, in any mode. Tuner locks on last working channel.
- During bad weather when signal level falls very low, IRD fails to find transponders when signal strength returns.
- IRD fails to boot properly when power switch used to force hard boot. Requires numerous boots to restore normal operation.

BEV Support advised me that will be pushing new firmware sometime in the early new year … possibly after the 6100’s are updated.

I have all these issues with my new 3200. I called BEV and they said the unit's hardware is fine, but the software needs to be updated. But they couldn't tell me when it would be updated. I'm not happy with this unit, since I have to reset it once every two or three days. Should I just wait for the updated software or should I ask for a new receiver? My guess is that if I got a new reciever it would act the same way. Anyone else have a 3200 which doesn't have these issues?

Thanks,

W :( W

·
Banned
310 Posts
My only problem with my 3200 had to do with the "Interactive" TV component. It's now been disabled with a software update. Now I don't have to do a hard reboot because someone accidentally hit the dreaded silver button on the remote. Since BEV basically relabels DishTV stuff you'd think they would have any kinks worked out before hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had major issues with my 3200 for the longest time... It would lock ona channel and not change... It would say that it had changed but it never really did...
Also Tuner 1 would not have a signal and get stuck at transponder 1 when trying to aquire signal.... and it work like 2 hours previous.
I turned off Program updates and Guide Updates...
So I have to update the guide Manually every couple days... But have not had any problems with Tuner 1 not working since I did this! Or the channel get stuck...

So I am leaving it like this till I hear they have resolved any of the issues.... Great product if it worked..... I have it hooked up to my DVD recorder and TV!

Love it!

CW

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cliff, Thanks for the info.... I now just reset it everyday when no one is watching it, like clockwork.

They go to fix this thing!!!

W :confused: W

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is any owner of the 3200 able to take a photo of the interface (menus and guide) on the 3200?

1 - 20 of 267 Posts