Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
He may have lost it. But if his whole reason for being in the seat is to sell cars like you say, he's still not going anywhere. I know it's pretty cutthroat, but at the same time, you don't sign a driver of Vettel's stature with a thought of chopping him in season if.... Multiple-time World champions get a certain level of respect in the paddock.

It is tough to say with Vettel. He may have lost it, he may have been driving defensively at Ferrari to get to his next drive. He is learning a new car, and the gaps between races and little testing is not easy. It's always easy to spend someone else's money.... :)
Remember last year when Russel got a chance to drive a Mercedes for one race - and then ran at the front for 3/4 of the race? Maybe Vettel needs to play F1 online more...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Remember last year when Russel got a chance to drive a Mercedes for one race - and then ran at the front for 3/4 of the race? Maybe Vettel needs to play F1 online more...
Russell is a good driver who got to ride in the best car on the grid. Not to mention the similarities in the car given the customer status.

Vettel may or may not be done. But I highly doubt he gets dropped in season.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Russell is a good driver who got to ride in the best car on the grid. Not to mention the similarities in the car given the customer status.

Vettel may or may not be done. But I highly doubt he gets dropped in season.
He won’t get dropped. But the Racing Point Mercedes was a good car last year. Did they change that much?

·
Super Moderator
56,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
But the Racing Point Mercedes was a good car last year. Did they change that much?
The rule changes to the floor impacted the low rake cars (Mercedes, AM (copy of Mercedes) more than it impacted high rake cars like Red Bull. This was intentional.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like F1 obviously(wouldn't post here if I didn't), but I wish they would have had the stones to say "we're not paying the extra money" rather than hide behind Covid. F1 has barely had cases, considering the number of people involved. And the way they have been raining money everywhere else....

I would be much more understanding if they said "we're not dropping taxpayer money here." F1 is not special enough to deserve huge amounts of taxpayer dollars, IMHO.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It’s not cancelled ... yet.

Radio-Canada did a mistake and took a recommandation from Montréal public health like it was an official decision, but Montréal public health doesn’t have any power to decide if the event can be held or not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If they want to cancel because of the risk of propagation of the disease, fine.

But then, be consequent with your actions and cancel hockey as well.

Edwin G.

Sent from my mobile device

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's been too quiet in here this year, so let me try and stir the discussions.

Does anyone believe in karma, mojo, or bad luck following someone? Seems to me that Seb has no karma, has lost his mojo, and it were not for bad luck he would have no luck at all. He has started this year poorly, and is the only driver to have been punished with points against his license, twice. Not that Lance is a super star, but it would not surprise me if Seb is out qualified by him over the season, and that Seb finishes lower in the driver standings. If that happens it will be the end for him, making room for some young stars.

The best thing that happened to Sergio was being dropped by the team and getting a drive at Red Bull. The worst thing that Aston Martin did was drop Sergio.

Turn these into predictions for the season:
1. Seb does not find any form and is solidly beaten by Lance
2. Sergio shines at Red Bull

Oh, and the Canadian GP is cancelled again this year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
FYI - Rogers Navigatr guide does not have Barcelona Qualifying listed, but the TSN website shows it happening on TSN5. If you're PVR'ing qualifying you may want to check if it is still scheduled.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Qualifying is on TSN5 8:55 AM - 10:30 AM according to Zap2jt. Just schedule SportsCentre and Formula E, which covers that time slot. I don't have Rogers anymore, but IPTV from my ISP and I see the same.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had some comments prepared on today's race, but Yuki Tsunoda warned me it wouldn't be good to swear like I was doing.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts