Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Do you believe it? After the race he was blaming graining in the intermediates. Where do you damage a wing 10 seconds in front? Very odd, this one...
I recall that after the change to new intermediates Lance complained of graining and also understeer. So the team determined the cause of the understeer, damage to the front wing he could not see.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I recall that after the change to new intermediates Lance complained of graining and also understeer. So the team determined the cause of the understeer, damage to the front wing he could not see.
Must have done it in the pits I guess. What a shame, he had this thing home and away, and as possibly the best, wet driver in F1, this was his chance. Must be all that experience driving on Quebec winter roads when he was what, 15?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Wow - I couldn't believe that Grosjean was able to get all that crap off, belts, drinks tube, HANS device, and climb out of the car before the panic and flames got him. HALO saved him for sure. Good end to a rotten story, but likely a disappointing way to end his F1 career.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
For sure. It's amazing he fared so well.

George Russel will be filling in for Hamilton this weekend. Makes the race a lot more interesting as we get to see what he can do when thrown into the championship winning car with no testing.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Perez is wiping the floor with Stroll, and that’s not good. ALL the F1 boss’s must really not like Sergio’s Mexican money-guy, Slim. Lance has to produce in these last races.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The bigger problem at Racing Point is that Perez and Leclerc are both wiping the floor with Vettel, who looks like he's finished. Yet, he's coming in as the big name at RP while Perez is on the way out. It looks foolish when it's largely on Perez' back that the team has a shot at third in the championship.

Stroll is... I mean he's fine. He isn't the worst driver on the grid, and he doesn't cause problems like Mazepin already is despite not even being in F1 yet. That guy having a seat is a disgrace.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The bigger problem at Racing Point is that Perez and Leclerc are both wiping the floor with Vettel, who looks like he's finished. Yet, he's coming in as the big name at RP while Perez is on the way out. It looks foolish when it's largely on Perez' back that the team has a shot at third in the championship.

Stroll is... I mean he's fine. He isn't the worst driver on the grid, and he doesn't cause problems like Mazepin already is despite not even being in F1 yet. That guy having a seat is a disgrace.
The only reason I can see Vettel’s worth is for European/worldwide advertising for Aston Martin. But after watching Russell go from worst to first in Hamilton’s Mercedes, a better car could inspire Vettel to up his game one, last time. And yes, Stroll has proven he’s a worthy top-20 F1 driver. Still, he needs to qualify better going forward.
I‘m not up on Mazepin. Guess I’ve got some reading to do.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yeah, Hamilton being back takes a lot of the intrigue out of a race that is usually dull on track and has little to play for in the standings except third in the constructors. Russell trying to prove himself again is just more exciting than Hamilton winning another race in a year where he's been utterly dominant.

Mazepin posted a video of himself groping a drunk woman who was trying to fend him off to his social media, then made a half-assed apology when called on it. Haas responded by doing... nothing, really, because they want his rich dad's money. Just another pay driver, except this one is also the entitled rich kid brat stereotype. He's something of a menace on track, too.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah, Hamilton being back takes a lot of the intrigue out of a race that is usually dull on track and has little to play for in the standings except third in the constructors. Russell trying to prove himself again is just more exciting than Hamilton winning another race in a year where he's been utterly dominant.

Mazepin posted a video of himself groping a drunk woman who was trying to fend him off to his social media, then made a half-assed apology when called on it. Haas responded by doing... nothing, really, because they want his rich dad's money. Just another pay driver, except this one is also the entitled rich kid brat stereotype. He's something of a menace on track, too.
Sky TV called them both out, BIGTIME, on today’s practice session broadcast.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.