Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It is confirmed that Vettel is leaving Ferrari. Some scenarios:

1. With the uncertainties of COVID-19, if the first race gets delayed again, he may just decide that he has had enough and quit.

2. He decides to stay and takes up the offer from Renault. Ferrari decides they want to grow the team and chooses Giovinazzi, leaving Ricciardo without a seat and nowhere to go for a winning drive.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sunday's Esports Virtual Monaco Grand Prix (TSN 1 PM) will have 2 new drivers, Esteban Ocon and Valtteri Bottas.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sunday's Esports Virtual Azerbaijan Grand Prix on TSN at 1 PM will have 2 new drivers, Sergio Perez & Pierre Gasly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The final Esports Virtual Grand Prix is from Canada on TSN Sunday at 8:30 PM on tape delay. Looking forward to seeing this game's graphics from a familiar track.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
TSN has F1 fans buckled in for the return of exclusive live coverage of the 2020 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Canada Sports Leader’s multi-platform coverage features practice, qualifying, and live race content, encompassing the eight Grands Prix of the restarted season, beginning Sunday, July 5 at 9:05 a.m. ET on TSN with the AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX. TSN’s complete F1 broadcast schedule is available here.

AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX action begins on TSN with practice tomorrow (Friday, July 3) at 8:45 a.m. ET, followed by qualifying on Saturday, July 4 at 8:55 a.m. ET. Race day airs Sunday, July 5 at 9:05 a.m. ET on TSN. F1 races on TSN feature Sky Sports’ extensive F1 broadcast coverage with pre and post-race content. The AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX is highlighted by the performance of Canadians Lance Stroll and Nicholas Latifi.

TSN’s F1 coverage is also available live and on demand to TSN subscribers via TSN.ca/Live and the TSN app. French-language coverage is available on RDS and the RDS app.

TSN delivers pre-race and post-race coverage for every race on the F1 calendar, including lead-in coverage, race coverage, and post-race coverage. The network also delivers eight bonus feeds throughout practices, qualifying and the race available on TSN.ca and the TSN app. As announced earlier this season, Bell Media’s sports networks continue to be the Canadian home of Formula 1 through the 2024 season. (Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
For those on Rogers digital cable please note that they have changed the title of the pre-race show tomorrow on two of the channels by adding the location. Thanks Rogers for your inconsistent programme titles on digital cable (discussed many times previously). I also noticed that they changed Friday's "practice" to "practice 2" a few days ago.

I'm not sure it would have recorded if I hadn't redone the single recording - it did still show in my list of scheduled recordings, but the pre-race coverage doesn't show in scheduled recordings due to the programme name change.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I always set to record the race from 1 hour before to 1 hour afterward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Wasn't just Rogers, it wasn't set to record for me on Bell Aliant either.

Oddly it didn't look like the title was changed in my PVR, but it wasn't picking it up anyway.

And wow, did the Ferrari powered cars look awful today.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I also always have padding, however, that doesn't help if the name-based recording doesn't record at all due to last minute changes in the programme name.
I just signed up for a new TV package from my ISP, with whom I've had internet and phone forever and now it's fibre. It's getting hooked up Monday and I'll be cancelling Roger Cable as soon as I can see it working. With my old SARA PVR I could schedule recordings to the minute, so I hope the new package, which is similar to Rogers Ignite, but cheaper and more configurable will work.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wasn't just Rogers, it wasn't set to record for me on Bell Aliant either.

Oddly it didn't look like the title was changed in my PVR, but it wasn't picking it up anyway.

And wow, did the Ferrari powered cars look awful today.
Ferrari shouldn’t expect much out of Vettel, unless he has an anger-bang to beat LeClerc. Realistically, I see Vettel DNF’ing more than ever.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That's overkill. I set my recordings from the start to an hour longer for qualifying and the race. Sometimes longer if bad weather is expected.
I do it like that to record the pre race show and, as you say, allow for bad weather ( those South Asia afternoon storms) and major crashes. For quali it is usually crashes that stretch out the session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 80 Posts