Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread for 2011 IndyCar season discussions.

TSN/2 Schedule:

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/irl/schedule/?series=irl Click the top left of the screen for the detailed schedule as the race drawn hear.

(Always good to check the latest TSN/2 (or ABC) schedule). I usually prefer to record ABC since it's less likely to have the schedule change for another event like hockey for example.

Useful link for those interested in Racing, TV schedules:

http://www.racefantv.com/CDNTV.htm

2010 Thread: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=120183

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really do Hope the IRL can turn a corner this year, the potential for greater things is gaining ground everyday.

I really want to enjoy this year but a few things still don't add up, the infamous BB is still employed by the league and the new car is still atleast a year away.

As much as PT is really at the end of his line, he deserves a true full year opportunity to write the final chapter and close the book.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm hoping to watch more IRL races this year.I missed most of last year's races.My wife bought us tickets , including paddock passes for the Edmonton Indy this year (my 5-0 birthday gift :D ), so I'll see at least one race !

I'd love to see an F1 race ,but I need to win the lottery first.
Perhaps a road trip to Austin next year.

I would like to see the IRL racing become successful again.I used to watch the CART series all the time,but after the split,I lost interest.Hopefully the IRL will become more stable and more interesting to watch.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that was fun - St. Pete. Watching a bunch of racers run into each other like rookies for 13 laps at the start of the race.

Nice to see Simona doing well. Too bad she couldn't find a way past Kanaan to grab a podium spot. Good also to see Tag back.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I swear that ESPN didn't mention Tagliani once during the race even though he ran in the top ten for much of it.

The start of the race was brutal, but it got a lot better. I'm not a big fan of the double file restarts on road/street courses because of everyone checking up going into turn 1. It may get better as the season goes on and the drivers get used to it, but it could cost someone a championship too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was happy since they focused a lot on my favorite driver Simona de Silvestro. I am not a fan of the double restarts either, seems like it causes a lot of accidents. Granted, a good number of people tune in for the crashes, it certainy isn't good for the teams.

I'm looking forward to seeing two races this year. Apparently, if you buy a ticket to any of the IndyCar rounds this year, you get a free ticket to the season finale in Vegas. I am going to buy my Edmonton ticket (with paddock and pit passes) in the next week or two and will be heading to Vegas as well. I guess we'll see how well the double restarts work in person.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Rats ! I missed the race.I don't see a repeat broadcast anywhere either :( .

·
Registered
301 Posts
Unfortunately, they don't replay IndyCar races as a rule. There may have been some replays if Speed TV had shown it. I'm sure if you hunt around online you may be able to find it. I know ChampCar used to post an abbreviated version on their website, when they were in existence, perhaps IndyCar does too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The races are usually posted on usenet the next day if you know what that is. If you don't know what that is it is too complicated to explain and I'm too tired :)

Last year all races were streamed live on indycar.com ... doesn't seem like we'll be so lucky this year.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Due to rain, Brazil race delayed to Monday 1PM on TSN (according to TSN website re Indycar). The Rogers IPG has not yet been updated, but may be at midnight. The TSN schedule also has not been updated yet. The Indycar website says the race is at 8AM, with 1 hour 19 minutes remaining (timed race).

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It will be at 1pm ET on TSN according to the bottomline.

I have to give credit to the Versus guys for filling time, especially if they were in studio in the US like they were last year.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If they must run in rain they need to reduce power for these races add a rain aero package and get f1 rain tires.

Absolute joke yesterday

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, that was fun - about 5 hours of programming over 2 days, about 90 minutes behind the pace car and about 30 minutes of racing. Glad I have a PVR.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Seriously. i did not even bother to try and PVR todays parade.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The Indycar website says the race is at 8AM
I wish I had seen that. When checking this morning on TSN.ca for the start time, the race had already been run and the winner announced. I hate spoilers. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I recorded the 8AM and 12:30 timeslots on TSN and TSN2, just to be sure, but I waited 'til 1PM to start watching the 12:30 timeslot on TSN, avoiding the others, just in case of a ticker, etc. I also avoided CP24 (my startup channel) by changing channels before it appeared and was careful on the web...

Learned this long ago when I mistakenly watched Indy (probably Champ) and F1 in the "wrong order" and the ticker had the results of the race I hadn't seen yet. I hate tickers!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Alex Tagliani will be on the poll at Indianapolis on Sunday. Him and Paul Tracy did a 20 minute interview on Primetime Sports tonight (Monday). If anyone missed it, try to find it somewhere (maybe the Fan 590 website), it was great.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Indianapolis 500

Live coverage of the Indianapolis 500 runs Sunday, May 29 at 12 noon ET on TSN.

Sunday, May 29
• 11 a.m. ET – Indianapolis 500: A Centennial Celebration presented by Honda
• 12 noon ET – IZOD IndyCar Series: Indianapolis 500 (TSN)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.