·
Registered
580 Posts
Bernie,say hello to Mr Soprano...

·
Super Moderator
56,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
I was shocked by the stewards' decision to penalize Massa today for the collision with Hamilton. From the replays I saw, Hamilton was nowhere near a pass (he was not even with Massa) but they penalize Massa. These two have had many encounters this year. Was Massa supposed to jump out of the way?

Of course the stewards have much more information at hand, but Brundle and Coulthard were also both shocked by the decision. Had Massa not taken the racing line, he probably would have gone into the gravel with the lack of grip off-line. Any comments?

Edit - Post Race Comments added below:

Massa: "I simply stayed on the ideal line, braking on the limit and staying on the part of the track that was rubbered in. What else could I do? It’s the umpteenth time that Hamilton runs into me this year and it seems it’s some sort of fatal attraction…"

Hamilton: “The contact with Felipe was just one of those things. I really didn’t feel like I was at fault - it was a racing incident."

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I was amazed as well. From every angle they showed on TV, Massa had the racing line and Hamilton hadn't made it half way past him before the corner. Massa had every right to turn into the apex and the fact that Hamilton is calling it a racing incident shows he knows Massa had the right of way. He'd be screaming bloody murder if he really felt he had the line going in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was disappointed with Massa's penalty as well.

But I did think it was funny when there was silence on the other end of the radio when Hamilton was informed Massa got the penalty.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I was also surprised by Massa's penalty. The front end of Hamilton's car did come up to about half way (you can see Massa turning his head), but only for a split second. In my opinion, Hamilton was too audacious. Once he realized his move was perilous, he was probably hoping Massa would back off - good luck with that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hamilton struggles this year

Came across a nice article I'd like to share.
In racing it's not only how fast you are but also how strong you are mentally.
I also thought Massa was penalized incorrectly but he also has to look at himself for the mental failures this past weekend.
There is a little comment about the get together between Massa and Hamilton at the end of the article.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/10/hamilton-feeling-the-heat-from-button/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Work on United States Grand Prix track halted
Construction of the 2012 United States Grand Prix track has been halted after the circuit's owners said they have not yet been granted a contract to stage the race.

Circuit of The Americas officials in Austin, Texas, said workers had been told to down tools while they await confirmation from Formula 1 officials.

"The failure to deliver race contracts gives us great concern," they said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/15750083.stm

·
Registered
2 Posts
F1 on ota or fta?

Hi,

We are cutting the cable and going HDTV. Seriously the picture quality alone is worth it, let alone the sound. It's true what you hear... Ota picture quality rocks!!

The only things I will not get it seems are F1 (formula One if you didn't know) and HBO. It is crazy that the only thing holding people back from a mass exodus from the CAbulls are that there is no moral way to get HBO.

All this to say, How do my fellow OTA's view Formula One? I can't be the only guy who likes it on this forum, as searches show up null for F1 or Formula One. I was thinking, do FTA satellites somehow get a UAE type channel that shows it?

If anyone can shed any light, that would be great. I know that the French channel CBC 25 in Toronto used to show them when Jacques was doing good.. but now that the Cabulls have strict rights to it, that seems to be the pin in my hopeful balloon. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
56,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Your post was moved to this existing thread on F1. We have one every year. F1 is not available OTA or FTA, but is available on the web. I believe there may have been discussion on that earlier in this thread or in last year's

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
FOX (available OTA for me) has a race or 2 every year. The Montreal race this year was on. That's the only one I remember seeing this year. In past year's I remember seeing some European races same day delayed.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm not sure many people in Canada get Fox OTA. Anyway, there is a "time buy" arrangement with Fox (parent company of Speed Channel) to show 4 races per year - usually between Monaco in May and mid-July. As far as I know it will continue next year.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sky has announced its broadcast team for its first season:

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7356971/Sky-reveal-2012-F1-team

As you can see at the link Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz have moved from BBC television along David Croft and Anthony Davidson from BBC radio. I'm guessing BBC will keep Coulthard around. I doubt they (BBC) will be sending as many people, like Eddie Jordan, to the races - not that it will be relevant to TSN viewers.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Jake Humphrey Tweeted the other week that he (and presumably Jordan) will be on-site for every race, even the ones that aren't live on BBC.

The big question for the BBC is who will replace Brundle and Kravitz? They will also need a completely new radio team. Lots of holes to fill for them.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.