Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Unless you're geared towards SACD/DVD-A and fast loading, the Oppo 83 is no better than the 320. Even in the upscaling area.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Paul, you'll see more craptastic HD more and more often now thanks to the lack of education in HD (or anything for that matter).

Remember with cameras it becomes a megapixel war? HD is the same thing. Content provider, camera manufacturer, nobody cares to churn out quality as long as the pixel count it HD, let's sell it as HD and then compress the heck out of it.

That's what happen with AppleTV (resolution maxed out at 720p), Netflix, so-called HD camcorders (I'm so dumbfounded that people believe they're getting quality picture from a $200 "HD" camcorder), Rogers and Bell throtling the compression level beyond belief (when compared to even 2 years ago -- I happen to have a recording on HDPBS from 2 years ago and was re-broadcasted several months ago, the compression artifacts on the new recording is astoundingly clear to me eyes).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.