Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
You seriously are calling your lawyer over 1 channel and $4 a month?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
It's not just this, it's everything. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back. I've had enough.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's the "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore" approach.

Seriously though, I applaud your resolve on this Jetranger. It will at least let Shaw know that a duck is a duck. If they want to get rid of the deal then they can try, but to say that there are two different HD+ services is nonsense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is what happened to me upon calling a Shaw CSR today about this issue ...

I have the Shaw Fully Loaded package, plus Shaw Home Phone, plus Extreme Internet.
After "laying it on pretty thick" by telling her that "I pay $2700 a year to Shaw!" ($225/month) and "this is how I get treated!" etc. I was told that the best she can do with the current promo codes in her computer is to charge me $2.95 for OasisHD, but give me a new "Free 12 month trial of Extreme" (which I have had for years) which lowers my bill $10.00/ month until the end of 2011. Not a perfect solution, and I will have to go through a hassle next year when my bill goes up $10 a month and I have forgotten why lol ... Anyway, it's a net gain of about $7/month for me. I had OasisHD turned back on instantly while still on the line with Shaw. Overall, I am a little happier about the situation today.

Anyone with the grandfathered HDPlus or Fully Loaded and is interested in 'Extreme Internet' should be able to get the same promo I am sure.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Interesting message in the programming packages/deals thread about a retooling of the Fully Loaded package, which was apparently sparked by customer dissatisfaction over Oasis HD not being included:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1188181
This snippet from a Shaw customer care e-mail is of note:
One channel in particular, Oasis HD, was originally not included with Fully Loaded, but we will be adding it back to the package very soon, if it has not been already.
Good news, it seems, for fans of Oasis HD.
Perhaps those of you who are subscribed to the Fully Loaded package can confirm this change?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Due to concerns raised by customers and staff the Oasis HD channel has been updated to the Loaded package. No word if the grandfathered HD Plus ($12) package will have the same done but in my personal opinion I would not think so.

·
Banned
78 Posts
In the last 10 years I've spent $13,000 dollars with shaw. Giving me Oasis HD for being a loyal customer is the least they could do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why is it that Grandfathered packages won't get OASIS yet we have to buy extra channels when our HD package contains sooo many sports channels... I rarely watch any of the sports channels. At least give us more variety!

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's baaack

I'm a grandfathered $12 person and I'm getting OASIS again. It had disappeared for a few weeks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here in Courtenay, we still don't get Oasis.

I have the $12 HD package. I believe that if you pay for a specific tier, you should get everything in that tier, for that price, for at least a year after notice that the price will go up. But to add channels to a tier and require customers to pay more money is just wrong on many levels. This is more like something Rogers does; Shaw usually doesn't pull stuff like this. I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Going back a ways here from memory... When the HDPlus package was $9, the programming selection was pathetic. I had been pestering Shaw via eMail for Oasis and the other 3 sister stations for months and months, getting all kinds of excuses as to why we couldn't get these channels in western Canada.

Then the HDPlus package went up to $12, and I complained to Shaw that there was no justification for an overnight 33% increase in price with no additional service or value added. I was assured that they would be adding more high-value channels in the near future to justify the price increase.

Then along came Oasis (and I believe another bunch of utterly useless sports channels that I will never watch, but with none of the Oasis sister stations, nor anything else of interest or VALUE), and I was barely OK with the $12 for the time being, although still pissed that Shaw got a 33% increase, but I didn't even get a 3% salary increase last year!

Now my Oasis is gone and I'm told I need ANOTHER 33% INCREASE in less than 6 months to get it back??? Give me a break you money grubbing buggers!

I'm with Jetranger - these lying thieves need to be reigned in!

Cheers from a not-so-cheerful
The REAL Joe

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here is what happened to me upon calling a Shaw CSR today about this issue ...

I have the Shaw Fully Loaded package, plus Shaw Home Phone, plus Extreme Internet.
After "laying it on pretty thick" by telling her that "I pay $2700 a year to Shaw!" ($225/month) and "this is how I get treated!" etc. I was told that the best she can do with the current promo codes in her computer is to charge me $2.95 for OasisHD, but give me a new "Free 12 month trial of Extreme" (which I have had for years) which lowers my bill $10.00/ month until the end of 2011. Not a perfect solution, and I will have to go through a hassle next year when my bill goes up $10 a month and I have forgotten why lol ... Anyway, it's a net gain of about $7/month for me. I had OasisHD turned back on instantly while still on the line with Shaw. Overall, I am a little happier about the situation today.

Anyone with the grandfathered HDPlus or Fully Loaded and is interested in 'Extreme Internet' should be able to get the same promo I am sure.
;) LOL - I'm there with you!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts