Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Is anyone having trouble receiving WNYO. It hasn't worked for me since Friday and I've always gotten a good signal from them even after the move to Grand Island. Have they dropped their power? Anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
WNYO is coming in fine for me but SNR has dropped from 31db to 24db and signal strength is down 15 points..There naybe work going on at WUTV with new antenne for WUTV and WNYO.Keep in mind that the final full power WNYO will be much more directional south then the temp. 101KW STA

·
Registered
23 Posts
WNYO is coming in fine for me but SNR has dropped from 31db to 24db and signal strength is down 15 points..There naybe work going on at WUTV with new antenne for WUTV and WNYO.Keep in mind that the final full power WNYO will be much more directional south then the temp. 101KW STA
is WNYO only at 100 kw? what happened to the CW lately so far WUTV has been my only gain in the spectrum sell off I have mostly lost stations I do not like City on rf 31 and I don't like global on rf17 and I couldn't care less with multicultural omni stations on rf 26 and rf 30 all of these just create interference for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
is WNYO only at 100 kw? what happened to the CW lately so far WUTV has been my only gain in the spectrum sell off I have mostly lost stations I do not like City on rf 31 and I don't like global on rf17 and I couldn't care less with multicultural omni stations on rf 26 and rf 30 all of these just create interference for me
CFMT 47 was good in the 1990s with Lucy Zilio lets face it the channels I like now are Antenna TV
Get TV PBS Grit Charge scrap Court TV YES TV CBC French TVO transmitter in Paris move Global TV on rf 23 to VHF band move CityTV Woodstock to VHF band oh well I know I'm dreaming for now perhaps things will get better with ATSC 3.0 or more Canadian broadcasters will pull their ota coverage all together except for Toronto one central signal for the GTA

·
Registered
704 Posts
For those of you that receive WBBZ they are adding 3 more sub-channels. Namely, Decades, Start TV and Movies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CFMT 47 was good in the 1990s with Lucy Zilio lets face it the channels I like now are Antenna TV
Get TV PBS Grit Charge scrap Court TV YES TV CBC French TVO transmitter in Paris move Global TV on rf 23 to VHF band move CityTV Woodstock to VHF band oh well I know I'm dreaming for now perhaps things will get better with ATSC 3.0 or more Canadian broadcasters will pull their ota coverage all together except for Toronto one central signal for the GTA
Why would they scrap popular and demanded channels? Cbc french is a part of Canadian culture and actually has far better programming than cbc. Tvo tried to shutdown and the community uproared to save it (big demand for it) and it's heavily funded by donations. Not sure what rf23 is interfering with on you but global needs it's presence there for simsub in the tri-cities. YesTV is a religious funded channel also not causing any harm. CHCH would be worth complaining about with it's co-channel interference in the Niagara region as they were repacked into interference (although it existed prior to repack as well..)

Rogers is just horrible not moving off 31, lesser known they did the same thing with omni2 in London not moving off rf20.

Just because you are 7 floors up and getting clear reception 60+ miles doesn't mean they should plan on everyone getting that. I believe the idea is typically LOS at 30 feet high for reception.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I heard on another forum that WVTT has been testing lately on RF11. Anyone on this side of the border able to receive any signal from them? I haven't seen anything here today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why would they scrap popular and demanded channels? Cbc french is a part of Canadian culture and actually has far better programming than cbc. Tvo tried to shutdown and the community uproared to save it (big demand for it) and it's heavily funded by donations. Not sure what rf23 is interfering with on you but global needs it's presence there for simsub in the tri-cities. YesTV is a religious funded channel also not causing any harm. CHCH would be worth complaining about with it's co-channel interference in the Niagara region as they were repacked into interference (although it existed prior to repack as well..)

Rogers is just horrible not moving off 31, lesser known they did the same thing with omni2 in London not moving off rf20.

Just because you are 7 floors up and getting clear reception 60+ miles doesn't mean they should plan on everyone getting that. I believe the idea is typically LOS at 30 feet high for reception.
I never said scrap cbc French .. I am 9 floors up why cant Canada use the same one frequency for multiple channels for example rogers could have the two omni and city tv one frequency cbc could have cbc English and French on one frequency I love chch why couldn't we have global tv with sub channel 640 news or ctv with cp 24 there are stations in US that don't have an equivalent in Canada for example get tv retro programming but showing content that chch doesn't show ever since the spectrum sell off things have been dismal for me pbs buffalo had a wide open frequency on rf 43 now on rf 31 bumping up against omni Toronto and fox buffalo why couldn't the two omni be on rf 26 freeing up rf 30 and rf 31 pbs could boost their signal ideally to 345 kw and skirt around fox pushing into the gta rogers on rf 31 could relocate to rf 21 tv stations are businesses and wish to recoup their expenses through ad revenue so whether or not the station is picked up ota cable or satellite shouldn't really matter as far as I am concerned global tv rf 17 Toronto transmitter covers the tri cities City tv rf 18 Toronto transmitter covers the tri cities perhaps rf 23 could be situated in London as well as rf 31 I may be odd man out in this one however its my personal opinion based on my perception the crtc is the unlikeable gate keeper in all this US stations are pressured to redirect their signals elsewhere even though many Canadians would love to receive their signal wnyo went through such a battle there isn't much Canadian content and shows I currently watch would rather watch American tv and no not reality shows classic movies sitcoms nature shows westerns travel logs in the end I am at the mercy of the ota broadcasters and limited to having an indoor antenna I can only hope that things will get better time will tell

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
rocketman... what does all this chatter have to do with reception results in the Buffalo, Southern Tier, Batavia, Rochester, Syracuse areas? I presume you don't even live here.

Could a mod please move his posts to his local neighborhood reception thread?

·
Registered
23 Posts
rocketman... what does all this chatter have to do with reception results in the Buffalo, Southern Tier, Batavia, Rochester, Syracuse areas? I presume you don't even live here.

Could a mod please move his posts to his local neighborhood reception thread?
I don't live near buffalo true however I do watch buffalo television from 110 miles away when the atmospheric conditions are right I know most buffalo stations don't have me in their sights as their market demographic however I feel there is at least one being PBS Buffalo 17 and perhaps Fox 29 Buffalo

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't live near buffalo true however I do watch buffalo television from 110 miles away when the atmospheric conditions are right I know most buffalo stations don't have me in their sights as their market demographic however I feel there is at least one being PBS Buffalo 17 and perhaps Fox 29 Buffalo
Major Tom it would seem I have misread (misunderstood) the purpose for this particular forum and if so my sincerest apologies for treading on territory where I don't belong

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
That is correct, a "reception results" thread is meant to discuss reception results, successes or woes in your own local neighborhood. The reasoning is that others in your own neighborhood will be more familiar with your challenges or woes than anyone else will.

If you live in Windsor, ON, u find the Windsor thread. If you live in London, you find the London thread, so on. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
48 Posts
global tv rf 17 Toronto transmitter covers the tri cities City tv rf 18 Toronto transmitter covers the tri cities perhaps rf 23 could be situated in London
rf17 is for Toronto and does not cover the tri-cities, hence the repeater in Paris. Same with rf18 does not cover tri cities hence repeater in Woodstock.

Waterloo is not even remotely a consideration for any Stateside stations. Canadian viewers don't even count into any of those stations ratings when they sell advertising, which was amusing during the NBA finals last season as the woes of lack of viewers came pouring out ignoring the entire country of Canada viewers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
channel 34 out of buffalo is now broadcasting on there new dt 11 slot and is coming in strong on hamilton mountain for the first time ever

261 - 277 of 277 Posts