Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
This morning WNYO is on RF 16 only. No longer transmitting on RF 49. Its signal is at 32db SNR. At the moment the strongest signal out of Buffalo.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
The holy roller rf 15 on GI transmitting all nulls today. Not sure how long that's been going on.... But certainly no one is receiving a picture from all Nulls.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
not likely... if that were the case they would have filed special temporary authority.
for any issues operational or otherwise preventing a station from serving, they are required to notify the FCC, and that record would be publicly available.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't think these low power stations follow the rules closely, see my posts re: WVTT and WLEP which for weeks showed "no signal" and nothing was posted on the FCC website according to rabbitears info. WLEP was remotely managed from Chicago, located in Erie and every once in a while it would lose whatever link it had to programming and would just show "no signal" in the corner of the screen.

I think you're attributing a bit more oversight to the FCC than they actually undertake, case in point, religious broadcasters flouting the rules regarding political speech.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I can't complain about wvtt, because i have never seen the signal to begin with.
But this one we can complain about... I'll give it a week or so...

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
correct been no signal here intermittently too...
Down from ~ 10 AM -11 AM, then down again from ~Noon forward...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
This morning I'm receiving WGRZ, but not the strongest at 23db SNR. Its definitly the weakest coming out of Buffalo.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Here in Burlington, WGRZ is now the least reliable Buffalo-area signal, sad to say.

It used to be WUTV, as in the summer, it could be counted on to drop entirely every evening around sunset... presumably due to 'bad tropo' caused by the difference in temperature between air over Lake Ontario and over land... probably on both sides of the lake.

A similar effect has been happening for WGRZ since the weather started warming up a few weeks ago, except it tends to drop out after 10pm EDT... which has played havoc with my recordings of Manifest and New Amsterdam. :mad:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My CM 4221 is pointed at Grand Island as a compromise to receive Buffalo and Hamilton as well as Toronto stations.
Perhaps re-aiming might improve WGRZ but then some other stations might suffer.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
WGRZ has been in and out this morning. Looking at the weather radar, the Niagara area is having some thunder storms passing through.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts