Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
for all the lucky buffalo people who can get global tv on 41.1 or 6.1 big brother Canada has started.its on sunday at 8pm,wensday at 7pm and Thursday at 8 pm.remember your are one of the few americans who can actually receive global tv so enjoy

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Or like the rest of the world's BB fans, they can watch Big Brother Canada online...just like Canadians have watched UK versions, Australian versions, etc for years. That's why a couple seasons ago they had Tim from BBAU and Nikki from BBUK on the show - it has a bigger online following then on conventional TV. The Canadian version got cancelled due to low conventional ratings, but advertisers pushed to have it back on because of the online exposure. If you haven't noticed, this season of BBCAN is one big advertisement...

Global is carried in various border areas on cable - Charter Spectrum carries the Kingston feed in some areas of New York for example.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Charter Spectrum Cable customers in Buffalo and Niagara Falls, New York should get the Toronto feed of Global (CIII-TV-41) from Toronto which is on digital UHF Channel 41 from the Toronto feed in some areas of Western New York, while Charter Spectrum customer in Rochester would pick up the Oshawa feed of Global (CHEX-TV-2) Digital UHF Channel 22 from Oshawa, Ontario in some areas of Western New York. Charter Spectrum cable customer would get the Kitchener feed of Global on Digital VHF Channel 6 in Erie and in some areas of Northwest Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Why is that? Since when?
All that makes it's way to cable (spectrum) from TO is CBC and CTV, both in SD.

Regardless, I am not sure what your point is, posting in the OTA reception results thread.
Cable has nothing to do with OTA reception..

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Also the US has syndex exclusivity rules so all the American programming would be blacked out. I know for a fact that CFTO in the Buffalo market (at least it was back in the day) is blacked out when it airs programming where the rights are held by another station in the market. It's just the Canadian programming and/or syndicated programs that haven't been purchased by another station in the area that is available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe you should try the Oshawa signal of CHEX-TV-2 (22) which would have a stronger signal then the Peterborough signal because it is on the analog/digital UHF TV dial and would reach the Buffalo and Rochester area, and more people in the Buffalo area should be able to get CTV 2's Fonthill over the air digital UHF signal of CKVP-DT on digital UHF RF Channel 42 and its a rebroadcaster of CTV 2 station CKVR-TV from Barrie, Ontario that would reach viewers in the Buffalo - Rochester, New York area in Western New York market.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I don't wanna get my hopes up, but looks like WBNF RF 15 on GI went off the air for some reason today around Noon, allowing CHCH to come in here....

·
Registered
456 Posts
WKBW now on rf34 and off rf 38.
Signal is slightly weaker than before.
Doesn’t make since ....same pattern and height with more power. I’m a little disappointed.
WNED went off rf43 at midnight, but as of 1:20am still nothing showing up here on rf31.

·
Registered
704 Posts
WKBW is not at full power or height as of yet, they have an STA to operate this way until they can get a crew to raise the antenna to its full height and power.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Had to rescan WNED this morning, seems they have moved to RF 31 from RF 43.

The signal is not as strong, but still a respectable 30db SNR.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm not sure if WNED is at full power or height, they may be on an STA. Power level for me is maxed out, as it was before, so I cant say for sure.

·
Registered
208 Posts
channel 49 out of buffalo is broadcasting on both 49 and 16 right now as they are testing there new channel 16 spot.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
This mornimg WNYO 49 on RF 49 is at 24 db SNR and on RF 16 its stronger at 28 db SNR.

221 - 240 of 275 Posts