Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridiculous

They've cut to commercial at the end of every round, before entrances and during extended periods where there's nothing going on besides plugs for upcoming events. I'm not trying to say that Sportsnet should not cut to commercials at all but the number of commercials during the course of this broadcast has been excessive to say the least.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah the commercials were crazy,I was saying the samething. I was getting really angry because we were missing out on a lot of the actual event like ring entrances, commentary etc... SN1 just cut away to commercials any time there was not an actual fight taking place it was pretty insane. I was ready to throw my HDTV out the window lol. There was more time spent on the commercials than actual program time I kid you not.

@CrazyInSane , SpikeTV never showed the event live, it was tape delayed in the US , it wasn't on until 9pm were as SN1 showed it live @ 3pm plus it was in HD on SN1 and we don't get SpikeTV in HD unfortunately.

·
Registered
699 Posts
since you have a DVR i would have watched something else for 1/2 hour while recording the live event....then skip to the beginning and start skipping commercials. That would not help with the missing content but at least it would cut back on frustration.

·
Registered
95 Posts
At least it was free... there is always a price to pay - either PPV fee or commercials. I do hear those who like the in between rounds chatter though. Personally I just FF through it...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Whitecapsfan may be on to something. Was this a PPV in the US? Even if it wasn't Sportsnet may have had to pay a premium to show it live, which is why they needed to sell the extra ads.

·
Registered
694 Posts
No it wasn't a PPV, it was a live free UFC fight card that the UFC hold once or twice a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts