Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a member of about two months. There's so much detail here that I can't find the proper place to land. How do I choose an appropriate forum, so as not to clog up the works by posting in the wrong place. I'm just a regular TV watcher with a new 58" smart TV, Bell Fibe service with NetFlix, and Crave/HBO/Starz etc. etc. I'm new to most of this, having graduated from a 13 year old not so smart 46" TV, and Bell Satellite service. I seem to be navigating the new system fairly well, but I occasionally get stymied by certain things, mostly to do with on demand programming. One example being the deletion of programming from the "continue enjoying" list. (movies and series etc. in progress). And there's other things as well. I can't seem to find an appropriate forum for these relatively boring questions, that I would occasionally like answered. Any guidance would be appreciated.
I'm 74 years old, and I try to keep things as simple as I can, if you catch my drift.
Thanks for listening.........Daveo_O

·
Super Moderator
56,759 Posts
Here's the sub forum regarding Bell Fibe.

Here's a thread on Fibe Questions:

The forum also has a search function at the top of the web page and you can restrict searches by choosing the "advanced" feature after you type something there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the sub forum regarding Bell Fibe.

Here's a thread on Fibe Questions:

The forum also has a search function at the top of the web page and you can restrict searches by choosing the "advanced" feature after you type something there.
Thanks 57. That should help a lot.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
One example being the deletion of programming from the "continue enjoying" list. (movies and series etc. in progress).
Most TV stations and streaming sites license programming for a limited time. They may disappear after a few weeks, months or years when the license expires and other stations or services acquire it. That's true of Crave Movies since most of their programming is from third parties and the movies they air are shown for only a year. The exception is programming made by a service such as HBO which is often owned by them and often aired or streamed perpetually. Another class of on demand programming is seasonal programming aired on national networks or advertising supported specialty stations. That is often available for only two weeks and will disappear quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most TV stations and streaming sites license programming for a limited time. They may disappear after a few weeks, months or years when the license expires and other stations or services acquire it. That's true of Crave Movies since most of their programming is from third parties and the movies they air are shown for only a year. The exception is programming made by a service such as HBO which is often owned by them and often aired or streamed perpetually. Another class of on demand programming is seasonal programming aired on national networks or advertising supported specialty stations. That is often available for only two weeks and will disappear quickly.
I also just remembered the helpful tips supplied by @ExDilbert in the link below:

Many thanks to both of you. That, no doubt, will be very relevant and interesting information to explore.🧐

Thanks again.....Dave

·
Administrator
465 Posts
Not to worry, even if you happen to post in the wrong spot, we'd move it for you and let you know. Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts