Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few recordings today not recorded, this also happened once, a month ago. im using the moto 3416 with the segate expander.

When checking the pvr history it said not recorded due cancellation by system.

Other recordings worked after.

Has anyone else got this message and have any idea why this would happen????

My expander is at about 90 hours of hd. Although when i checked the options it said 600 gigs free space. I'm wondering if that zero percent bug, affects the activity of the pvr, for example not deleting old recordings, or not switching to your internal hard drive when the other one is full.

Maybe its got nothing to do with the zero percent bug, but i would like to know how the pvr functions when its full but stills says zero.

Any ideas or theories why the system would cancel a recording.

thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think this is going to fall into that same discussion as is going on in the "New A28 Guide" thread...and the "Dropped Season Pass..." thread. For some reason the box starts to decide that it doesn't need to record some episodes even though all your settings are telling it to.

I've seen shows canceled for the same reason, but can't figure it out either.

Having said that, clearing out the "PVR History" for that particular program seems to have settled it down for now...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I believe what it is doing is looking at the show and based on your preferences like if you have it set to record new shows only, it will basically bypass the recording of the show if its marked as a re-run. Thus it cancels the recording of that show because its not a new show and labeling it as canceled by the system.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The problem is that it starts canceling shows eventhough they are indicated as "New"...that's what it was doing to my wife's series recording of Oprah...

So far, since clearing the PVR History it has been okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.