Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey help please!
I have a dedicated HTPC in my living room but no tuner card. This is not a big deal as I am stuck with shaw digital cable bundled with my high speed internet and I don't record much just using a DVD recorder if I have to. I wirelessly mouse and keyboard from the PC for streaming and viewing media, HDMI'd to the TV. I'd like to install a big screen in my bedroom on a different floor of the house (with a single remote:confused:) for watching everything. If I install a tuner card on a separate build HTPC for the bedroom do I need another digital box? Pretty sure I do but am unfamiliar with tuner cards. I could split the signal from upstairs but can only watch the tv channel that is on up there or run back and forth changing channels! (not). Whew, this is getting winded. So, do I just mimic my tv setup and network the new build PC for media play or is there a better htpc system I could create?
Thank you in advance:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Most tuner cards do not handle encrypted cable signals but the Hauppauge HD-PVR will suit your purposes. Then you can network all your media to other PCs using a media center application like NextPVR(my recommenation), Media Portal or WMC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts