Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Netbox 3

When I try to access VOD I get:
"the catalog that you have attempted to access does not appear to be configured correctly error code #835mc"

When I press * to search for a program I get:
"Unable to connect. Please try again later. (8)"

Not sure if this is related, but I can no longer access my PVR using the Rogers Home Edition app on my iPHone. I get an error on this too:
'Active Box is unavailable' and 'a GENERAL_FAILURE error'

My scheduled program's are still recording and I have an up to date guide.

I called Rogers tech support. They sent a signal to it to try to fix but it did not help. They suggested swapping the box for a new one, but I really don't want to do that because I have a lot of saved programs on it. As well, the programs I like to record are all programmed into it and it would be a real pain to have to type all that back in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
56,865 Posts
You have an issue with your return signal to the Rogers head end. It could be something in your home (like a splitter or other device on the incoming cable). Or it could be outside your home. If you're not good with this sort of stuff, you'll need a visit from a technician. They should have been able to tell this from their end. You must have had a poor CSR. Call them back and arrange a visit if necessary. If you can, move your STB closer to the demarcation point in your home (where the cable comes in) and check to make sure all your connections are good. Here's the FAQ on the topic - note that all of the items you mentioned are in that FAQ:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1166439#post1166439

There is no need to swap your box - a new box would likely do the same thing. If the 9865 (NB3) is brand new, then it often takes a day or two for this functionality to work properly. If you've had it for a while, which it sounds like you have, then what I said above applies.

Here's a useful Post:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rogers tech came by today and unplugged my PVR. When it rebooted it worked fine. I was so amazed.

When I was on the phone with Rogers technical support a few days ago (before the tech was dispatched) we did all this stuff. Turn it off, wait for it to reboot etc.

Not sure why the onsite tech who did this got better results than me.

A stuck firmware update perhaps?

Nevertheless I am happy it is working again.

·
Super Moderator
56,865 Posts
It's not totally surprising that another reboot fixed the issue. Sometimes the return signal can be borderline and a reboot will provide just enough signal again. I would not be surprised, however, if the issue came back and the real issue ends up being upstream of the STB.

People often encounter these sorts of issues as the weather gets colder and the connections contract, causing a slightly lower signal than before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts