Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Because of construction to our house we've moved the TV to another room. We have 2 receivers, a 9241, and a standard SD receiver. The 9241 was previously being used in the room that is currently under construction, and the SD receiver has been sitting in a box for a month now, also due to construction.

We've moved the main TV to a room where we previously have had a TV before. Because we are only able to get 1 satellite feed to this room we've been trying to hook up the SD receiver. Unfortunately, with no success. The receiver turns on, but stays at the screen where it cycles through "transponders" and doesn't get past step 0 out of 5.

Is there a step required when moving receivers that I have not followed?
Is there a specific procedure or guide posted some where I should read?

I thought it would be as simple as "plug and play", at least with the SD box.

All help is appreciated seeing as the Leaf's first exhibition game is Tuesday :eek:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You unhooked the 9241, and hooked up a standard receiver in a different room, correct?

If that's the case, my guess is that when you unhooked the 9241 you probably unhooked the power inserter (little gold/silver box, probably hooked up somewhere behind the 9241) as well. If you hook the power inserter back up in the room where it originally was, does your standard receiver work the way it should?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you hook the power inserter back up in its original location, and the standard receiver starts working in the new location, it would just be a matter of switching the cables on the SW44, so the line that the standard receiver is hooked up to is going into Input #1 on the switch. Then you'll be able to hook the power inserter up where the standard receiver is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I now have the power inserter hooked back up in the room that is "under construction"/where the 9241 was originally hooked up.

The standard reciever now works! Sort of... for some reason I do not have any of my programming. Only the "tech tips" channel.

Out of frusteration I just tried to hook up the PVR with only 1 input, didn't work.

Again, help is appreciated with either receiver.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You said it was sitting in a box due to construction... Is it a new receiver that hasn't been activated yet? If it isn't new, and has already been activated you may just have to call Bell and go through the automated menu to get your programming synchronized on your receiver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an old box, it has been activated. It has not been used for quite some time, but we've had it ever since we ordered Bell ExpressVu how ever many years ago that was.

Not sure if it helps, but after to System Setup, Installation, System Info, the receiver fails the second test (Satellite 82).

Details:
You have an error with your multidish table, please run a checkswitch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No more sign of connection problems - the guide downloaded fine, and still has the favorite list we last used when the box was hooked up.

However, we still don't have access to any channels other than Tech Tips, and other Info channels. Should I just call in tomorrow to see if the box was deactivaed due to lack of use? Or could there be another problem?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would still suggest calling Bell and going through the automated menu to synchronize your programming. If it's been a while since it's been hooked up, it's probably just lost it's programming.
You could even call now, as it only takes a few minutes to go through the menus, and roughly 15 minutes to synchronize. The best part is that it's all automated, and you don't even have to talk to a CSR. If it doesn't fix the problem, I'd call and talk to someone to see if it was deactivated for some reason.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's funny, I call enough times in the run of a day to activate receiver, call tech support, etc, that I can remember almost exactly what the "nice robot" says, but I forget what number the choices are.

Call 1-888-SKY-DISH, press 1 for english, enter your 10-digit phone number, choose the option that says: "If you're experiencing problems with your service, such as signal loss, etc..." (1, I think)
Then choose the one that says something about channels missing, or showing in red on your program guide. I think it then asks if you would like to synchronize your programming, and you need to say "yes".
There may be another menu choice somewhere in there, but I'm pretty sure that will get you where you need to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts