Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was led to believe this game would be televised on TSN, I knew that TSN would be showing the NFL game and TSN 2 was showing Lightning vs Boston.

I looked all over including the NHL package and not able to get anywhere, I then called my neighbour across the road has a Bell dish and he was watching the game I could not get. He said come on over which I did, but the ribbing I was getting for buying Shaw Direct in the first place got to be a bit much so left at the end of the second.

This has happened before, I'm paying over $128 dollars a month and I have to go to the neighbours to watch a hockey game on TSN is a bit much.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Still just Bell who got that deal. Am seriously piss at Shaw Direct for not getting it I mean look how far they bend over for Rogers Sportsnet One!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
CTV owns the F1R transponder that you receive the TSN SD signal on. That's where they used to have the TSN-Alt feed. So it would cost CTV $0 to uplink the Habs feed

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah it was on Centre Ice & RDS, got trired of the maybe we will have TSN-habs maybe we won't act and got RDS, its the only way to be sure of seeing the game.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Originally Posted by Champion
Yeah it was on Centre Ice & RDS, got trired of the maybe we will have TSN-habs maybe we won't act and got RDS, its the only way to be sure of seeing the game.
You did the right thing getting RDS because last night's Habs game vs. the Kings was only offered on RDS as TSN did not televise it regionally. Centre Ice subscribers had the Fox Sports West telecast.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
What is stopping people in the Habs region who have satellite from 'moving' outside of the Habs region so that the blackout rule isn't in effect and they can watch the away feed on NHLCI?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts