Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My business in Vancouver is currently on a 3.0mbps business internet connection with Telus. I called today to get upgraded to the 6.0mbps connection and was told that the node in my area was full and I would have to wait and call back every so often to see if they had a free port to put us on. My personal feeling was to find another internet provider, but the boss likes the @telus.net email that we have. I then inquired how much we pay and was told it was the standard $71.95 per month. On the website, that price says that you get 6.0mbps so I asked. I was told that there is no difference in price because they are trying to go to 6.0mbps and remove 3.0. I then inquired whether or not the CSR thought that was a fair pricing scheme for their customers - I have to say I don't like paying the same price for half the speed as someone else. I was told that that is the way it is and hopefully they will be able to offer 100mbps with fibre soon. I responded that I was worried they were only going to supply me with 3.0mbps but charge me the fibre rate.

Just a warning to business - and I assume personal - customers that if your area is full, you may get saddled with the slower speeds but be expected to pay the higher rate. I wouldn't have even minded so much if we could be put on a waiting list for the faster port, but to be told to call back every couple of weeks until one is available when I call - that is just the worst customer service one could expect to hear.

end rant...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, we are an accounting firm and the email is easy for all of our clients so she doesn't want to change. I keep pushing the idea of individual addresses for each of us at our company's name, but what do you do. I choose to roll with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.