Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I'm wondering why there was no ball games on Sportsnet tonight? Who the hell wants to watch soccer on all channels?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't know why the soccer was on all channels. Usually it is just on Ontario/Pacific. They should have shown the Rays-Red Sox on East and Royals-Twins on West.

BTW the Jays game had to be on One tonight because the regionals have to show Canada soccer games. That is why the game was originally scheduled for TSN2.

·
Registered
806 Posts
No Jays tonight either as One has the game again, but Tampa Bay @ Boston is on East and St.Louis @ Milwaukee on West.

·
Registered
1 Posts
when I first got on this site there was a lot of discussion about sportsnet one and the games I couldn't watch . Does anyone out there know what I can do? To all Blue Jay fans who are fed up with rogers not showing us the games.If we threatened to boycott all Jays sponsors products , possibly there may be some positive results. We also should complain to CRTC through your MP , don't bother to go to CRTC because they con't care whereas an MP only counts votes

·
Registered
938 Posts
Rogers can try and hide and say this is the exact same thing TSN did when it launced TSN2, but they are truely different.

- TSN2 never deliberately aired a live event when TSN was airing poker or darts at the same time. It was only used as an overflow for TSN, which makes sense.

- If Sportsnet only put Jays games on Sportsnet ONE that conflicted with another property (NFL, Canada Soccer or what have-you), there wouldn't be a problem. But the truth is many of the games, including those this week against Texas, are put on Sportsnet ONE for the sole purpose of trying to lure customers. This is the bad faith that seperates TSN from Rogers. TSN2 aired the Raptors because the other broadcasters were already booked up, and despite not having a deal with Rogers Cable at the time, I can guarentee TSN2 had more subscribers than RaptorsTV did.

You are going to start seeing pressure on Rogers soon, as the Western NHL teams currently have no Sportsnet ONE distribution, I am sure the $$$ tied up in those TV deals will be enough to push the process along.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
To be fair Sportsnet did have to air Canada soccer last night and a Toronto FC game tonight. These games were originally scheduled for TSN2. Sportsnet doesn't exactly have a choice about where to air last night's game and tonight's game.

Otherwise I agree. As far as I can tell these were the only Jays games that Sportsnet couldn't air

Saturday 8/14, 9:00pm – Blue Jays @ Angels (I'll give them this one as part of the launch)
Wednesday 8/18, 3:30pm – Blue Jays @ Athletics (UEFA conflict)
Tuesday 9/7, 7:00pm - Rangers @ Blue Jays (Canada soccer conflict)
Wednesday 9/8, 7:00pm - Rangers @ Blue Jays (TFC conflict)
Sunday 9/12, 1:00pm - Blue Jays @ Rangers (NFL conflict)
Sunday 9/19, 1:30pm - Blue Jays @ Red Sox (NFL conflict)
Sunday 9/26, 1:00pm - Orioles @ Blue Jays (NFL conflict)
Sunday 10/3, 2:00pm - Blue Jays @ Twins (NFL conflict)

I would also be fine with the 9/18 and 9/27 games, which were originally scheduled for TSN2 being on One. That would give them a 10 game schedule, which would be enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
watch baseball, just not the Jays

Sportsnet one is the reason for no baseball. Our cable provider does not carry this new channel. Roger's " free preview for all Canadians is a joke. So much for Roger's logo, Stay Connected.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Closing. For the latest on Sportsnet and complete Sportsnet discussion see the long thread in our Canadian TV forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.