Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just moved to a new place at Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto. I set up my antenna, and am getting a lot of digital channels with great video, but no audio. The few analog channels look loike crap, but I get audio. I can't find any setting on the tv that would cut the audio, so I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Did it work fine before, using the same gear and hookups, or is it all new stuff? Is it a TV or another DTV tuner device? Is the audio going out to an amp or is it on TV speakers? More info please. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exact same setup, antenna to tv, nothing in-between. TV scans for channels, finds them, everything looks fine. Sound SHOULD be coming from tv speakers, and does for analog channels, but digital channels display "Dolby digital" but no actual sound. As soon as I have some spare time I'm going to hook the antenna to my HTPC, and run that through the stereo receiver, and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
What Make and Model is the TV? Perhaps someone around here has the same model and is familiar with the audio settings, etc? Prior to moving in did you also use the same TV with an antenna at the old place, or did you have cable and a settop Box at your previous place? Have you read the owners manual? Only ask because most people don't.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
Very odd. Since it had audio for analogue, there's nothing wrong with the speakers, or likely any settings like the TV being set for external speakers.

Suggest you unplug the TV for a while to see if a reset solves the problem - or check the operating manual for a factory reset button combination - usually near the troubleshooting section at the back of the manual. Here's an FAQ of "things to check"

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19694

·
Registered
15 Posts
Assuming it's the same TV, your TV probably went back to factory default settings when it was unplugged for a period during the move. Digital Audio may need to be enabled as well as other possible settings on your TV. Just do some browsing around in all the menu options that may affect audio and I'm sure you can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts