Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Sportsnet Pacific had Canucks-Kings. Like I said in another thread, I don't think that One can air MLB playoff games. If you got the "half a dozen" channels then you would have got the game on East and West, so you can't say that Sportsnet has half a dozen channels and can't get the game to you.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
"don't think that One can air MLB playoff games."

They are showing the Philies game tonight while the Yankees series is on Sports Net Pacific. This just proves that Rogers just did not give a damn about their viewers in BC.
That's a different situation. One was only airing bonus coverage because the Yankees-Rangers game ran long, they weren't airing the whole game.

I wouldn't say that this means that Sportsnet doesn't give a damn about BC, if they didn't give a damn about BC then the Canucks game wouldn't have been on. The Canucks pull in 500, 000 in BC alone, its lucky if the ALCS would do that nationwide. By your logic Rogers doesn't give a damm about anyone in Ontario either, and we all know that isn't true.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
In that case it would be Telus' fault, not Sportsnet's. Telus' website says that Sportsnet East and West are available in the "Sports Top Up" package and West is available in HD in the "Sports Top Up HD" package. The website also says its $2 a month.

· Registered
3,154 Posts
I bet they got a TON of complaints about their antics and wisened up.
Nope the Tuesday game was always scheduled for S-Net Vancouver Hockey. They have to carry 45 games on Pacific, so I guess they figured people would rather miss out on game 1 than a potential clinching game 4.

FWIW the Leafs game on Sportsnet Ontario brought in almost a million viewers. The World Series struggles to bring in a million viewers nationally (albeit Fox ratings aren't counted and most people probably watch Fox).

· Registered
3,154 Posts
Yep it will air on Ontario and One. I guess I was wrong about games airing on One during the playoffs (although I still don't think they can air exclusively on One).

This really makes me wonder why last Friday's game wasn't on One. I figure that they thought most people who got One also got East/West.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.